guess what's in the box!!! puzzle just for memike

-
WOOHOO!!I WON!!It figures your way down there!Can,t fetch my prize!Waggin they,re lookin good,similar to Dutra,s duals($350 a pair)were they hard to make?

Kinda like cut and paste,for any monster builds,you have the option with the 225 of getting headers the 67 and later slant headers seem to be plentiful on e bay etc. duals for the 170 engine seems to be hard to find so I made up a set similar to the ones on my waggin but have to have clearance for the dipstick tube.The dutras are nice pieces of work.the function of these is their only beauty and with 2" outlets I imagine there is some performance gain and they sound good.

Nice job waggin! I've never tried to weld cast iron before but heard that it can be done with some pre-heating, a stick welder and some hi-nickel rod. Is that how you did these manifolds?

Super job waggin on fixing up memike & Victoria. I kinda figured the manifolds were in the box, but I didn't want to spoil the surprise.

Cute & very witty thread....meow to the little kitten for posing for the story :wink: She's a beauty.

actually they are cast steel,as far as I know!!! when I did the set for the waggin I tacked the four corners and threw em around the shop waiting for them to break......threw em around some more......then gave em to the samsonite luggage monkeys and they threw em around.then sent em around the word using ups and the u.s.postal service and they came back to me still in one piece so I finished mig welding them and put them puppies on the waggin and they are still in one piece so maybe I should try dhl shipping service for "the test" LoL I had tryed to weld up a broken 340 manifold in the past and it did not work.

Oh Gawd They's uggly!!!!better pick up some bbq black paint for em,i guess their function is their only beauty but then again that intake will hide a multitude of sin.They'll be in the mail in a day or so have to deal with a broken stud and a gasket for one of them..
Let me make them look nice waggin :-D. I will make you proud bud.

The intake hides any welding,especially on yours,I tucked the outlets up tighter to the intake to make room for the dipstick tube.theres a nice Lil' hardware package in the box for you also and heres a sneak preview of how they will look installed,and then I have some bad news for you and some good news for you...I'll flip a coin to see what news you get first.....tail's Ok the good news first!!! they are on the way!!! should be 5 or 6 days,then the bad news....a big snowman pooped in the box!!!(last pic)that's the problem with snowmen.....they poop too much!!!
Let me make them look nice waggin :-D. I will make you proud bud.

memike.JPG

memike duals.JPG

memikeset.JPG

snowmanpoop'stoomuch.JPG

I just got up and around and thought I would take my sling off and take a quick look around waggin and I am so happy and surprised at the great set of one of a kind dual's " WAGGIN DUAL'S " :wav:
I upset my shoulder and neck Easter day and its a little tuff for me to type very long and post, My granddaughter was heading to a door and she got it open and the deck outside was a 5' fall for her if she made it to the railing and I grabbed her up and at 40 lbs bushing against me saying BOY'S Boy's!!
She wanted to play with here brothers and cousins and she pulled my shoulder out, But I am doing fine and I am so glad I jumped in and seen the great set you have made up for me, You are the man.
PM sent :toothy4:

I had to come back and save pictures waggin has put up.
And say thank you again , Damned they look great.
Back away from this computer and get my shoulder and neck relaxed .

-
Back