Gurgle gurgle....

-

stackattack

Reaction score
After running the motor and leak testing this new project car I heard a lot of gurgling when the motor was shut off....looking around for any leaks and all I could find was on top on the intake. Any ideas - should I rip off whole intake and re-gasket?

Youtube link so you can hear also...

cudaintakegurgle.png

Going to have to reseal it if water is coming out anywhere. do you have water in your oil?

Last edited:
My gut instinct says to drain the oil and once it cools down retorque the intake bolts, top it back off with coolant, and put the drain plug back in. Let it sit overnight (or longer) to see if it loses any coolant and check what comes out of the pan afterwards.

If no leaks, run engine without radiator cap until warms up. Sounds like a little indigestion.....

My gut instinct says to drain the oil and once it cools down retorque the intake bolts, top it back off with coolant, and put the drain plug back in. Let it sit overnight (or longer) to see if it loses any coolant and check what comes out of the pan afterwards.
Great advice. Thanks, everyone! I think I will do this for peace of mind and get a better idea of what's really going on with it. I had planned to just "burp" the radiator and see if that was it but this is probably better advice for good measure. Offenhauser intakes have little info (this is first vehicle I've owned with one) - 20ft lbs sound about right for the intake bolts?

I'm going with a faulty rad cap and not enough coolant ........... unless the engine was hot enough to boil the coolant. Which shouldn't happen with a good cap.
Pinch the top rad hose looking for pressure, if none then bingo, get a new cap first.

-
Back