H beam rods, Scat, Eagle etc

-

Bewy

Reaction score
These brands seem to be slightly thinner on the big end than factory rods & other more expensive brands. This increases the side-by-side clearance on the crank journal. Has anyone used these rods in a BB & had oiling problems such as using oil, blowing smoke?

These brands seem to be slightly thinner on the big end than factory rods & other more expensive brands. This increases the side-by-side clearance on the crank journal. Has anyone used these rods in a BB & had oiling problems such as using oil, blowing smoke?

Good question , from what I gather it`s not supposed to make a great deal of diff. , more is better than not enough .
Bearing clearance is a diff. story-------

Thanks! The magnum little ends are a different size than LA's and I had a mismatch on my stroker with magnum pistons. Cant rememebr what I did to either but I made em fit. "Parroting" I think we are all guilty of that at one time or another until someone smarter (or maybe just more experienced) sets us straight.

Bumping this thread.

Was hoping to hear from folks who have used these narrow rods & what, if any, oiling problems they had. TIA.

-
Back