H-Beam rods?

-
I have a set of New in the Box (never removed) Eagle Part # CRS6123C3D I will sell for $475 to your door. Let me know if interested. Good for up to 700HP

H beam is the way to go. Use full groove main bearings( you have to by two sets of 1/2 groove) to have a full time supply of oil to the rod bearings. All the cylinder pressure is gonna put a load on those rod bearings.

H beam is the way to go. Use full groove main bearings( you have to by two sets of 1/2 groove) to have a full time supply of oil to the rod bearings. All the cylinder pressure is gonna put a load on those rod bearings.

I noticed in another thread that you have what looks like a small block with a B&M on top. (maybe i'm dreaming again) What are you using for pistons?

Jack

If you are doing a fresh build,why are you predicting only 600hp???You can do that N/A.My only advise on parts,,,,,,,,get good stuff that can handle 800 to 1000 hp.Build it right once and it will cost LESS later.It's just way too easy to change a pully for "just a little more":-s

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 111-1142_IMG.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 191
I want to build it right the first time. That's why the questions. I read the Street Supercharging book three times and now I have more questions than ever. I read other guys using cast or hyper pistons with more boost than I plan to have but I am not going there. The bottom end will be forged all the way. My car is mostly, 99%, street driven, that's why the lower HP figures. I don't want to have to get into exotic blocks, but I still want to have the looks of a 6-71. I know, I'm 54 and still a kid.

Jack

I noticed in another thread that you have what looks like a small block with a B&M on top. (maybe i'm dreaming again) What are you using for pistons?

Jack

I was running 6psi on a Mopar Performance remanufactured short block. That had hyperutectec pistons 9.5 to 1 comp ratio with Edelbrock heads. I had at least 36,000 miles on those pistons.

Im doing a new build with 2618 forged pistons. 2618 is the ideal material for boost and/or N20.

I have Ray Barton O-ring my heads and cut receiver grooves in the block. I use SCE copper head gaskets on any LA blower engine.

O-ringing is described in detail in your Supercharging book.

Right now most everything I have is not usable for a blower setup. I have a LA/Magnum hybrid with 10.6 to 1 compression. My intake is a M1 dual plane.
Once I get around to building this blower engine I will decide the exact setup I will use. I have looked at the Dyers setup and like it. I have also looked at going with an Indy intake, thinking I can save about $400 there, But I do like the idea of a kit that is proven to work together if for no other reason than I won't have to order a piece, check the measurements then order another piece.

Jack

Im going to buy a cast 6-71 manifold from Bill Laney, Max Wedge Performance. 3.7 inches tall. Its a real nice manifold, designed well.

-
Back