Reaction score
Heck yeah I buy my own gifts! :D

20220617_154809.jpg

20220617_155402.jpg

20220617_155455.jpg

I miss my analog dwell tach.

I have a digital one but it's not the same,

Nice score!

I bought the analyzer only for the tach feature. I dont have any points ignitions left. It was only used once and still has the instructions and all the leads in the cubby in the back. Only one of the lock tabs is broken but it still locks up. The 3D printer had a clogged tip (common) but I cleaned it out. was getting ready to send a file to it then the display corrupted? Oh well, maybe a new $30 main board, still cheaper than a new one.

I bought a flash forge Foto 6 for 160.00 on Amazon.

It prints uv photo polymer.

Fill up a cat and it builds ar the storm lifts.

Polymers are ~ 35 to 45 per 500g you can print a **** ton of small parts.

Typically they use an alcohol clean up liquid but they also make a water washable.

There is a manufacturer, Anycube, they make a material called "Tough" that is flexible enough to take a screw. There are also rubber like polymers.

Only thing is you can't see it build.

It uses an LCD to mask each slice from a UV light.

I saw those! The old "stereo-lithography" method with a modern "inverted" twist I guess. That was pretty new when I was in college. We took a tour of a facility that had one, it was a huge 60"x60"x30" vat that had a bed that raised and lowered in this vat of resin. The table would lift to -.1mm depth and a laser would trace a shape on the .1mm of visible resin, hardening it instantly then the bed would dip down .1mm and the process would start again, building upon the hard layer under it. It was incredibly time consuming (runs would take all night and more) but it was state of the art back in 1990. It had a ripple sensor so if there were any seismic activity (trucks rolling by, tremors, etc) it would pause until the resin level was completely flat again. It was all prototype work, nothing was tough enough to actually use. They were making operating room equipment knobs in different shapes to see what would work best with bloody gloves at the time we visited.

a lot has changes since then. the quality when properly tuned (not hard) is astonishing, .5mm or smaller slices and even better mask resolution on some printers. on a part I made at .5mm you can barely feel the steps on a curved part with your finger nail.

All me and one 65 year old guy spent most of Saturday And today until 3pm to get this far. But now im gonna spend the rest of day with my 3 kiddos

Snapchat-1292909175.jpg

Man, look at all that land! I'd just pitch a tent and wait till dark and ogle at God's beauty in the heavens. That would be a good Fathers day for me and my family.

-
Back