Not open for further replies.

domdart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I need some clips for my 72 D100. I sent this picture to every parts supplier I could find online. These clips are no longer available anywhere. I am hoping a FABO member might have a few of these. Thanks FABO.
IMG_1784.JPG

I was looking for the exact same moulding clips (the ones pictured on the left) for my 69 D200 rocker mouldings & could not find them anywhere either, so I installed them with double sided tape, layered to the correct thickness, next to where the clips went & it worked great! I never lost a hard to find piece of trim for that truck & no one knew what was under the mouldings. Just an idea if you can't locate them.

I talked to Layson's and Mr G's. They both couldn't have been any nicer or more helpful. I emailed RT Specialties and am waiting to hear back from them. Nobody has them available. Thanks for the help.

No problem. I checked with a lot of places too, including a guy that all he did was sell hard to find clips & fasteners, but he didn't have what I needed either. Good luck!

I wish somebody would do a 3D print and injection mold these older clips.
I'm sure the cost to mass produce would never be recouped...
Oh well.

I looked for trim clips for a customers '76 dodge pick up awhile back and could not find them listed by application. I spent a few hours just looking at pictures of clips and found that '72-'74 charger vinyl top trim clips were the same and purchased them. The similar looking clip in an earlier post (TK-4321) is about 4" long, but otherwise the same dimensions, and is used on mid 70's to early 90's trucks. Same shape but to long. But I agree it would be worth a call to see if that vendor could/would make them shorter. I know you mentioned you've done some looking already and been unsuccessful by application but just looking by shape may pay off as it did for me.

I found some clips! I got these FA2668 Chevy Rocker Panel Mould Clips from Mr G's. I had to grind them down a little on the top and bottom to get them to work. The mounting holes line up exactly.
fullsizeoutput_1f.jpeg

I got some FA414 Chevy Pickup Box Side Clips from Mr G's also. They work perfect with no modifications.
fullsizeoutput_21.jpeg

I just found out I need two of these wire clips to finish the job. Does anyone have a couple of these? If I make some, what kind of wire are they made of? Should I solder them on or JB Weld them on? Thanks FABO.
fullsizeoutput_22.jpeg
IMG_1802.JPG

They look harder to find than the other clips you needed. I have never seen that type. At first I thought they were the same as door panel/trim clips, they are obviously different. I'm pretty sure they are made of spring steel, not just any old metal. They could be hard to make without the right jig to bend them up. Double sided tape will work on those if you can't find the right clips. Sorry, I don't have any of them.

I agree with niceolddart. Congratulations on finding something that works! like others I've never seen a wire clip shaped quite like those in your pic but agree that they are likely spring steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back