Harmonic balancer question????

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
After much research and frigging around I finally got the right combination of balancer, flexplate, converter, and crank. I have a 93 360 Magnum with stock external balance and a neutral balance 3500 TCI "Street Fighter" converter with no weights on it. I used a stock 360 Magnum flex plate WITH the weights on it, the TCI converter with no weights on it and the Professional Products balancer that comes with three separate weights one for LA, 0ne for 360 Magnum, and the other for some other LA combination. My question is: the original stock 360 LA and Magnum balancer had a section "cast out of it" to achieve the balance. The Professional Products looks at first to be an internal balance balancer till you flip it over and see where it can take one of the three weights supplied, depending on your setup. Do I set up the balancer with the weight on the flexplate 180 degrees off in relation to the position of the weight on the balancer, or does it matter where the weight is positioned when I get it all set up???

Correct me if I'm wrong but on the balancer there is only one place on the backside of the balancer that you can attach the weights to and since the balancer is keyed to the crank it will only go on one way. Also on the flexplate isn't there one bolt hole that is slightly off center to the others therefore the flexplate will only attach to the crank one way.

Correct me if I'm wrong but on the balancer there is only one place on the backside of the balancer that you can attach the weights to and since the balancer is keyed to the crank it will only go on one way. Also on the flexplate isn't there one bolt hole that is slightly off center to the others therefore the flexplate will only attach to the crank one way.

I'm hoping that what you are saying about the crank only bolting on one way to the flexplate is correct because i will be assembling everything tomorrow. I Was under the impression that the off center bolt holes were on the flexplate to conveter bolt up and through 96 only. i was told that the off center bolt holes were up to 96 and that was because the converter was weighted and had to line up and that AFTER 96 the flexplate was weighted instead and had to line up and did not have off center bolt holes like the one's up to 96. THE only other way not having off center flex plate to converter bolt holes would work at the same time providing a way to not bolt it together wrong would be as you said, the flex plate can only bolt on one way to the crank and that would be in sync the balancer.

-
Back