Has anyone had their dual exhaust start rubbing and make it seem like the transmission making noise

-

1 Bad Demon

Reaction score
Good day. I have a 1972 Dodge Demon. I have the headman shorty style headers with dual exhaust. I haven't jacked the car up yet but I have a weird noise coming from the exhaust/transmission area. I put it in park I dont hear it all the time. Soon as I put it in drive and let off the brake I can hear it. Transmission shifts good. The noise gets louder as I'm driving it. I was jus wondering if that's the exhaust giving me problems... Just let me know wat ya may have encountered.

Aftermarket exhaust is almost always louder than stock. The volume causes vibration and many time causes the pipes to twist and change position. You probably need to get it up on a lift and check it. Also look for black residue at any joints which would indicate exhaust leaks.

Thanks for the responses. I drove it ta a muffler shop and come ta find out one of the hangers needed rewelding and the same pipe was bent from not knowing a speed bump was in the road...lol.

Got that problem right now with my Duster. Driver side exhaust rattles against my transmission mount when the engine lugs down. Plan on fixing that when I put my new mufflers on

-
Back