Has anyone replaced their EVAP charcoal canister on 2006 Chrysler min2van or similar vehicle.

-

Scamp Rhonda

Reaction score
I'm having trouble filling the gas tank on my 2006 Chrysler Town & Country minivan. The fueling nozzle keeps clicking off when I try to fill it with gas. Has anyone replaced the charcoal canister or maybe bypassed it to solve the problem? The old cars wouldn't have had this problem. Lol. Thanks for any help. Steve

Does it do this at every gas station pump. A local gas station had one pump that would do this and others that would not. We all are a bit creatures of habbit and sometimes we use the same pump even if it doesn't work so good

Does it do this at every gas station pump. A local gas station had one pump that would do this and others that would not. We all are a bit creatures of habbit and sometimes we use the same pump even if it doesn't work so good
Yeah, It does it at different gas stations too. I guess you're not supposed to over fill the tank because it goes into the charcoal canister and plugs it up. I did look at that video and some others but just curious if maybe I could by pass it altogether. Wondering if it would be a good idea or a stupid one.
Lol, Steve.

Computer might throw codes. I had one of the clamps on one of the hoses to the canester brake and the computer threw codes associated with it. ( 2006 Grand caravan. 3.1L ??? engine, not 3.8)

Computer might throw codes. I had one of the clamps on one of the hoses to the canester brake and the computer threw codes associated with it. ( 2006 Grand caravan. 3.1L ??? engine, not 3.8)
Yup. That's what I was thinking, wondering too.
Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy the canister. They're kinda speedy I think. Oh well.

Did one on a 2010 fusion Tuesday
The evap canister was full of fuel, so it was blocked. Picky customer he likes stuff replaced, and fixed, don’t ask the price.
So the process is change the canister and purge valve. About 300 bucks from the ford store.
Most likely got that way from topping the tank off, after it clicks off after fueling.

Did one on a 2010 fusion Tuesday
The evap canister was full of fuel, so it was blocked. Picky customer he likes stuff replaced, and fixed, don’t ask the price.
So the process is change the canister and purge valve. About 300 bucks from the ford store.
Most likely got that way from topping the tank off, after it clicks off after fueling.
Ouch! Lotta money just because ya topped off your tank. Stupid me.

-
Back