Has anyone seen this car?

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It's been for sale for about a month. Having a hard time understanding the thought behind the butt stripe and it's placement. Any thoughts. It was suppose to be dealer installed.

Here's the ad on the car

http://www.cars-on-line.com/77053.html

Attachments

• 68dodge77053-2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 597
Its on backwards and back to far. The dealer or whoever would be redoing it at the time if it were my car. Ruins the look of the car for me.

And its a 67. Does that stripe look a little on the narrow side?And its a twin stripe! If I had to choose a word for how that looks, it would be, xxxxxxxx(descriptor deleted so as not to offend).It looks like a pair of tarp-straps.
Hope it doesnt belong to anyone on FABO. In which case it looks special.

I was thinking about getting the local dealership to install the intake and 4 barrel on my 318.

It's been for sale for about a month. Having a hard time understanding the thought behind the butt stripe and it's placement. Any thoughts. It was suppose to be dealer installed.

Looks like it's the wrong stripe, wrong placement, and according to the picture it was just a test. Looks like the rest of the stripe is still rolled up on the right side of the deck lid. That's a good thing.

The stripe doesn't bother me as much as the longitudinal stripe/molding down the side that's broken up for the fender badge and stripe in the rear....

I have that '68 GTS in the GTS Registry. The owner was told that it was a dealer installed stripe. :eek:ops: The fender tag calls for the horizontal stripe. Which is on there and correct for the car. That gosh awful bumble bee, however, is a previous owner add-on. I can NOT imagine a dealer installing a stripe that far off the way it should be. If indeed a dealer did that work, then I would hate to see the "quality" of their other work. :wack: Either way, that bumble bee needs to be removed.

Lemmie tell yall somethin. IF that's a dealer installed stripe, it's on correctly.

When something was installed at the dealer, they did it however they saw fit. Different than factory or not, it's correct, because that's how they installed it.

Since it was not a factory installation, you cannot call it "incorrectly installed" as compared to factory.

Tons of cars and trucks received special stripes and whatnot at the dealers through the years. Hell, we used to plate chrome emblems gold at the Lexus store where I worked. Nowhere on the window sticker or build sheet did it say "gold package". But that doesn't make it "incorrect", that makes it "what the customer wanted".

So whine ***** piss and moan about it being "incorrect" all you want to, because it is yall who are incorrect.

I have that '68 GTS in the GTS Registry. The owner was told that it was a dealer installed stripe. :eek:ops: The fender tag calls for the horizontal stripe. Which is on there and correct for the car. That gosh awful bumble bee, however, is a previous owner add-on. I can NOT imagine a dealer installing a stripe that far off the way it should be. If indeed a dealer did that work, then I would hate to see the "quality" of their other work. :wack: Either way, that bumble bee needs to be removed.

I agree it could certainly look better, but that does not make it wrong. That makes it how the dealer installed it......IF they installed it.

If they paid for that stripe placement, then they need to get a refund.....

Not arguing that point at all.

Here's what I am saying. If it was indeed installed at a dealer, ugly or not, "incorrect" by some peoples' opinions or not, if judged in a car show, it would have to count as original and correct as it was installed be a certified dealer. Regardless of opinion, that is the fact.

If a dealer did install it, it is as correct as can be.

Not arguing that point at all.

Here's what I am saying. If it was indeed installed at a dealer, ugly or not, "incorrect" by some peoples' opinions or not, if judged in a car show, it would have to count as original and correct as it was installed be a certified dealer. Regardless of opinion, that is the fact.

If a dealer did install it, it is as correct as can be.
Problem is, the owner only has "word-of-mouth" verification about this. NO paperwork at all. The previous owner told her the story. They bought the car a few years ago from a flipper at Carlisle. I'm not believing the "dealer installed" thing at all.

I had a guy in high school who bought a '71 Satellite with a 318 in 1976. It was a city fleet vehicle. By the end of the school year he had the story down to that it was a former Hemi car used by the police as a unmarked radar car. #-o That is about as plausible as that "dealer installed" story........

I understand. Therein lies the reason for my inclusion of the word "if".

That car was talked about a few months back here, with a couple pictures and discussion on the stripe. The stripe is on backwards. Oh wait, Dealer installed backwards.

I think yall are carrying my point a little too far.

I tend to agree with RRR, who knows, may have been a previous owner that wanted the stripe put on that way? It still looks out if place IMO, but a clean looking car.

I would drive it. but I would also remove the stripe, Dealer installed means no 'ding' if I took it off, right? I see some crazy dealer installed bling rims at out local Dodge dealership, Suppose they are dealer installed options too.

-
Back