Has anyone successfully used the USCartool A500 Crossmember?

-
Well, these showed up today in the mail.
I will mount these in my console, and use them to turn on and of the overdrive and lockup.
These have two lights in them so the text will be lit whenever the car is running, or may hook it to the lightswitch, and the symbol at the top will light when the switch is turned on.
Had the switch covers custom laser etched to read Overdrive, and Lockup

IMG_20200102_180835016.jpg

IMG_20200102_180840865.jpg

Are they able to dim? I would imagine that the light may be awful bright for an interior light while driving at night.

Last edited:
Are they able to dim? I would imagine that the mat be awful bright for an interior light while driving at night.
Ummm that's a good question, I'll have to go back to the website and see if it says anything about that. If they aren't and are too bright I could always disable the lights.

Made some progress today. Finished my reinforcement hoop, and have it partially welded in.
Made an extension on the front edge with 1/8" plate, basically so I could weld to the top of the tunnel using the 4 holes in the floor where I drilled out the original spot welds.

Have it partially welded in, but have more welding and grinding to do. And I need to practice my overhead welding skills, cause I suck.
Sorry the last pic is a little blury, I was in a hurry.

IMG_20200104_134911009.jpg

IMG_20200104_155358950.jpg

Well, I tried to finish up the welding yesterday and immediately my mig welder ran out of wire. So had to switch to working on something else.
So I got my overdrive and lockup switches mounted in the top plate of my console.
Very carefully cut the holes out with a Dremel tool and a cutoff wheel. Covered the whole thing with masking tape so I wouldn't scratch my paint. I think it came out perfect.

IMG_20200105_183319459.jpg

IMG_20200105_190302235.jpg

IMG_20200105_190700368.jpg

Looks like a delay on my driveshaft also. My guy at the driveline shop called and said that the new slip yoke that I got from Summit racing is bent and can't be used.
He's going to supply a new one for me and I'll return the bent one. The one from Summit was made by Inland Empire, you'd think for nearly a hundred bucks you'd get a decent product.

Looks like a delay on my driveshaft also. My guy at the driveline shop called and said that the new slip yoke that I got from Summit racing is bent and can't be used.
He's going to supply a new one for me and I'll return the bent one. The one from Summit was made by Inland Empire, you'd think for nearly a hundred bucks you'd get a decent product.
WOW, that is crazy. Whatever happened to quality made parts?

Well got a call from the driveline shop today. The yoke he ordered for me, turned out to be from the same manufacturer, and it's bad too.

Just got the driveshaft back, looks great. $181.00 for shorten, balance, used slip yoke, and a new yoke on the rear.

Won't know if I got the length right till I get the trans back in for the last time.

Time for a good news update. Been spending an hour a day before work, chipping away at my install, spent two hours today and, the 42rh Is In !

Finished with welding and grinding yesterday, today threw a little black paint on the hoop area just to cover the bare metal.
Got the trans jacked up, bolted to the engine, and the crossmember is in for the last time (I hope). Also had just enough time to test fit the driveshaft, and looks like I measured right, cause it fits perfectly. got a little time tomorrow, and the whole weekend to get everything hooked up and ready to test.

IMG_20200116_121827341.jpg

IMG_20200116_122041826.jpg

IMG_20200116_134320861.jpg

IMG_20200116_134613180.jpg

Time for a good news update. Been spending an hour a day before work, chipping away at my install, spent two hours today and, the 42rh Is In !

Finished with welding and grinding yesterday, today threw a little black paint on the hoop area just to cover the bare metal.
Got the trans jacked up, bolted to the engine, and the crossmember is in for the last time (I hope). Also had just enough time to test fit the driveshaft, and looks like I measured right, cause it fits perfectly. got a little time tomorrow, and the whole weekend to get everything hooked up and ready to test.

Nice job, I have been at a stand still on mine. Thank you for the motivation.

Seems like on could start from scratch and make their own with not much more work.

-
Back