Has Anyone TRIED Summit Brand Carburetors?

-
They released these not long ago. The 3 reviews are good. The Summit brand stuff I've bought in the past have always been decent quality.

Buy it. Looks like an off shore billet metering plate Holley clone. How bad could it be if we tolerated lousy QC BG Demon carbs?

Summit bought the old crappy Holley 4010 (spider web base always leaked) and sells it as their cruiser carb. Maybe they got some partnership.

I cant comment in any way about the carbs, my concern though would be parts availability in the long term.

They look 100% compatible. Maybe the Holley 4160 patent ran out? They are so modular..they are the AR's of carbs!

They look 100% compatible. Maybe the Holley 4160 patent ran out? They are so modular..they are the AR's of carbs!
I may break my summit card in and find out. It'll be a while before I run it though. I need to finish the current slant build first. That's what it would be for. I got me some free interest offer to take advantage of. lol

I've done some research and the booster/accel pump squirter assemblies are just different enough from the Holley's to require machining for the Summit units to work on a Holley.

I bought a Summit re-built TQ earlier this year. Reasonable quality, had the same number as Summit advertised but pri met rods were not the same as originally specified for that model [ they were close ]. A lot of new parts. The black body was 'painted'.

I bought a Summit re-built TQ earlier this year. Reasonable quality, had the same number as Summit advertised but pri met rods were not the same as originally specified for that model [ they were close ]. A lot of new parts. The black body was 'painted'.
Yeah they're calling the finish on the ones I posted "electro plated". I think that's fancy for powder coated. lol

-
Back