Has anyone tried these?

-
I haven't tried those but I made some that are that height (when those are totally extended). I just took some old rectangular (drive on) stands, cut off the angle part (where you drive the car on), stacked two together and welded them. They work great and I can actually sit, with my legs crossed, under the car while I work on it. It's great when you have a job (under the car) that's going to take a long time. I think I spend a total of 50 bucks on the used car ramps. Kinda like the ones below but with the angle part removed. I shopped a few car swap meets until I had 8 of them to cut and stack/weld. I also welded a stop on both ends for safety. My neck is messed up so it really makes a long job under the car really nice. When your done you just stack them on the shelf out of the way.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxI9YCKtP8Aco2PTL1MCvEn_ra44eePxwb4tM1qbzPLeMcehaGUQ.jpg

Treblig

Last edited:
Its a pretty cool idea no price on the website unless i missed it.

Well i jumped on facebook and read their comment sections it seams they are about $700 or so.

I think its $275 for 2 plus ship, maybe Ill re asess and build something similar

The angle iron ramps like Treblig used,,,, That angle iron is pretty cheap at the steel store ( Lowe's and HD is not the steel store!)...if you have a GOOD welder and can weld, make them.... it will figure pretty cheap..

Race ramps are $179 for two 6" pieces so you'd have to buy 4 sets or 179 X 4 which comes to $716 plus shipping. But that only gets you 12" off the ground which in my opinion is not enough room to work comfortably under a car all day long?? But maybe some folks don't need as much room as I do since I'm over 6 feet tall??
I don't think you can find a much cheaper solution than buying used angle ramps (craigslist/swap meets) and modifying them yourself if you know how to weld or have a friend who can weld??

I just ran outside in the freezing cold and took a quick pic of one the pedestal stands that I made, It's about 16-18 tall and gives be tons of room to work:

DSC07734.JPG

treblig

Race ramps are $179 for two 6" pieces so you'd have to buy 4 sets or 179 X 4 which comes to $716 plus shipping. But that only gets you 12" off the ground which in my opinion is not enough room to work comfortably under a car all day long??
View attachment 1715126524

treblig

Nope. Set of 4 of the 12" Race Ramps wheel cribs run $250. And there is free shipping at places like Summit Racing. You don't need the "ramp" parts, nor are any ramps included with the Lift Stands shown above. If you need a couple more inches of height just throw a couple 2 x 6 boards under the stand. Race Ramps Wheel Cribs RR-WC-12

Nope. Set of 4 of the 12" Race Ramps wheel cribs run $250. And there is free shipping at places like Summit Racing. You don't need the "ramp" parts, nor are any ramps included with the Lift Stands shown above. If you need a couple more inches of height just throw a couple 2 x 6 boards under the stand. Race Ramps Wheel Cribs RR-WC-12
I have to learn how to weld! I had a few 2x4's, plus some scrap 3/4" plywood pieces laying around. I added a few 2"x6"'s from Home D and some deck screws and I'm ready to install my TTI exhaust system. I got the cribbing block idea from other FABO member (thanks). (I wish I had a shop & could afford a lift!) Each one is 14" X 22" and 13.5" tall at the tire or about 25" under the frame. I think I'm all in for about $160.00. It still sucks to work on my back, but it's still fun!
Woody

Blocks (1).jpg

I have 4 6 ton jackstands. Use them when necessary. I do have a hoist and various other stands.

I have 4 6 ton jackstands. Use them when necessary. I do have a hoist and various other stands.
I have two of them, use them on front, work great. Cradles the tires so won't roll out. I use two hand-made wooden stands for the rear. However, I am not comfortable using them on the HD2500, whereas the wooden stands are rock solid. A ton of floor clearance.

They look like a well made product. I was thinking of investing in a pair
Lift Stand Inc | Made in the USA
I have two of the Lift Stands, plenty of support for an auto and safer than ramps, and I use two wooden stands like Woody's. The lift stands cradle the tires so no chance of rolling off.
However, I am not comfortable using them on the Silverado 2500, whereas the wooden stands are rock solid.

I have two of the Lift Stands, plenty of support for an auto and safer than ramps, and I use two wooden stands like Woody's. The lift stands cradle the tires so no chance of rolling off.
However, I am not comfortable using them on the Silverado 2500, whereas the wooden stands are rock solid.
Here are pics of the stands.

My Lift Stand.jpg

Wood Wheel Stand.jpg

By the time you get done gettin your car on those, it's nap time.

By the time you get done gettin your car on those, it's nap time.
Yep. I usually have a 'list' of things to do when I get these babies out. But, with this big belly of mine, and a smooth ridin' floor creeper (with a pillow) it's well worth it.

Last edited:
Yep. I usually have a 'list' of things to do when I get these babies out. But, with this big belly of mine, and a smooth ridin' floor creeper (with a pillow) it's well worth it.:icon_fU:

I see you flippin me off......but I used "you" in the general sense. I was actually talkin about "me". lol

-
Back