Has anyone use a Prosystem Carb

-
have seen mostly just photos on the web.thinking it would be a big engine(read really nasty 500 plus cubes) to reap the benifits...

have seen mostly just photos on the web.thinking it would be a big engine(read really nasty 500 plus cubes) to reap the benifits...
When i start my car to me it sounds nasty lol Mopar revving to go. But i was curious ,it is somewhat different. I don't know if it takes out alot of guess work when tuning or not.

a friend of mine ran one i think he gained a couple of tenths on his set up. i haven't talked to him for a while though. it was a 572 nitrous motor drag radial car.last time i seen it run was a 8.63.

a friend of mine ran one i think he gained a couple of tenths on his set up. i haven't talked to him for a while though. it was a 572 nitrous motor drag radial car.last time i seen it run was a 8.63.
It seems from what i can find people have picked up depending on the horsepower.
$1200 smackers for it.
I guess couple of tenths is good if your already going fast. We know that it is hard to get a couple of tenths.

http://www.prosystemsracing.com/svseries.html

Attachments

• prosystems.lead_.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 405
I have read about it but no experience with it but Prosystems has a forum and I read where several others say they like it. They claim to make them in various sizes but I couldn't find any info on exacvtly what sizes they are. I'm an experimenter and would love to try one to test his theory but at their asking price that ain't gonna happen.

I have read about it but no experience with it but Prosystems has a forum and I read where several others say they like it. They claim to make them in various sizes but I couldn't find any info on exacvtly what sizes they are. I'm an experimenter and would love to try one to test his theory but at their asking price that ain't gonna happen.
I would have to sell my newer Dominator and an old one i have to get that and still come up with some cash.](*,)

That is the SV1 you are looking at...some hate it, some love it...I personally would never spend a dime with Pro Systems, but thats just me

I think with a used well tuned dominator (without knowing your combo but since your looking at an SV1 im thinking its pretty serious) you would be pretty close to the SV with less invested

That is the SV1 you are looking at...some hate it, some love it...I personally would never spend a dime with Pro Systems, but thats just me

I think with a used well tuned dominator (without knowing your combo but since your looking at an SV1 im thinking its pretty serious) you would be pretty close to the SV with less invested
Do you know anyone using one .

Do you know anyone using one .

The Sv1 in particular? no, not personally...other pro systems carbs, yes...It seems the SV1 is hit or miss on some cars that its installed on...most i know will swear that the carb is perfect for their combo when they bolt it on, but how in the hell do you know its prefect when you don't try changing anything to see if it picks up/slows down? Also, I don't know if you are looking for this on a street/strip car, but the SV1 will take some getting right for that kind of combo from what I have seen...not that it can't be done, just might be a bit more difficult to tune..again, this is just going by what I have seen others ask or discuss on the interweb (can't believe everything on the net, right? LOL)

Personally, I would rather pick up a used dominator, tune it up and see if it does what you are looking for before spending $1200 with a company ran by one of the most arrogant, know it all dick heads in the drag racing industry

Thats just my .02 cents though...good luck man!

I bought one for my 572 its an alcohol 1120cfm Patrick seems like a gown to earth guy with good info i havent tried it yet as i have a little more to go before the 572 is ready to drop in, i researched alot before spending the money and it seemed like a good investment, check out youtube and yellobullet and moparts for vids and responses from sv1 users

I bought one for my 572 its an alcohol 1120cfm Patrick seems like a gown to earth guy with good info i havent tried it yet as i have a little more to go before the 572 is ready to drop in, i researched alot before spending the money and it seemed like a good investment, check out youtube and yellobullet and moparts for vids and responses from sv1 users
Let me know what you think of it when you use it i am curious.
Also found this on it..http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26546

Hi
I have a dominator i was just in that wondering stage kinda like i was here recently.I was not sure if i should go to a roller cam or not.
I like my dominator plus i have other things i would like to buy first .
But thanks for your information.:D

-
Back