Have Cordoba's really hit these prices ?

These Prices For Real ?

• Yep, it's their turn

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • They can ask what they want, nobody's buying 'em

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • it must be your area, ain't worth 1/4 that here.....

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking through marketplace as usual, and I noticed Chrysler Cordoba's of the later 70's are being priced between 4500 - 8000 for ones in nice condition. And, they are asking 1500-3000 for ones in poor condition. My My, never thought I'd see the day..... Forgotten B-bodies making a splash.....
just a few examples.... but tons of them on FB
Marketplace - 1975 Chrysler Cordoba | Facebook
Marketplace - 1978 Chrysler Cordoba · 400 | Facebook
Marketplace - 1975 Chrysler Cordoba | Facebook

and 10k for the one below in the picture
903530_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=dXdxuB94dXMAX-q8Yxy&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

I had a 76 Charger, Spanish Gold with a white leather bucket seat interior, console, full instruments including clock. 360 auto.

Pretty much the same platform.

Wasn't the fastest car I've ever had but it had a wonderful ride!!

If a 50K mile unmolested, unrestored original with high options, then maybe.

If enough of whatever it is goes to the scrap heap, then whatever is left becomes “rare”.

20-25 yrs ago I could buy a nice one for about 1200 bucks. Completely undesired, even though I didn't "mind" them. So what should a fellow buy today for 1500 bucks and sit on it for 25 years and get 12k for it??? A caliper?? Don't laugh..... LOL :D

I always loved those cars. Handled well and you could drive one 15 hrs in a day and still feel good when you stopped. 318's had no catalytic converter and would get low to mid 20 mpg on the highway in 1975 when set up right.

Last edited:
I always loved those cars. Handled well and you could drive one 15 hrs in a day and still feel good when you stopped. 318's had no catalytic converter and would get low to mid 20 mpg on the highway when set up right.
my cousin had one and it was one of the smoothest rides you could find

my cousin had one and it was one of the smoothest rides you could find

My Grandparents lived in Nebraska and South Dakota, so every summer I would drive out and spend it with them. Sometimes we would drive straight through, depending on who came with me. A fast, smooth running car was really nice to take those trips.

Second link is the same car as the bottom picture, only listed for 7995 in the link.
When my wife was looking for classic we saw a few non running cordobas for 2k

Someone who has a connection to one of these cars might pay up for a nice one. My Uncle had one it was nice and if I liked him more I would buy a car like his old Cordobra.

I was just thinking about a friend's 1977 Buick Century (with T-tops!) we used to ride in back in the early '80s and it amuses me how much the Cordoba and Century look alike.

You just rarely see these things anymore, and the key component of 'rarely' is 'rare' hence the value goes up.

My Grandma had one, a real nice one. Blue with white leather interior and a 400. I remember my Dad had it over at our place for an oil change and a tune up and decided to cut a couple donuts to test it out after he was done. My brother and I at about ten and eleven laughed our asses off as Dad got a ticket a 1/2 block from the house for stunting with his mother in law's car!

Cley

The 400's didn't run too bad either (despite what lots of folks think).

Hell, one of my friends had a 77 318 Fury and it would smoke the tire through all three gears.

The 400's didn't run too bad either (despite what lots of folks think).

Hell, one of my friends had a 77 318 Fury and it would smoke the tire through all three gears.

We also built a low deck 400 500ci Mirada back then- it was a real winner's circle car for about 5 years in the 10.90-12.90 bracket at our track, running low 11s as a street car!

Took a 76 Cordoba with the 400 lean burn out for a "joy" ride at 14 years old and planted it in the rear of a yellow 74 Satellite Sebring. Neither car fared very well and needless to say my court appearance in JD court didn't either. I think that was the one thing that has kept me alive this long. Learned quite a lesson. Wish I had that Cordoba today! That TQ moaned liked nobodies business!

I had a 77, 400 TQ, leather buckets, console, put cop rims with body matching paint & a mild police spec cam with dual exhaust. It was an awesome car. Rode nice, handled nice, not the best out of the hole, (2:76 gears w/sure grip) but it was the fastest car I ever had top speed wise, & I've had some pretty fast Mopars in my day. I would like to have another one. One of the last "B" body cars.

I had a 77 Cordoba, 400 4BBL, lean burn, actually ran pretty good, put 2.5 inch dual exhaust on it, otherwise bone stock. Had a really smooth ride, unfortunately the tinworm got to it pretty seriously.
There was a 78 Magnum XE GT with t-tops and a 360 4 BBL for sale here a while back, belonged to a friend of mine's neighbor, low mile, one owner garage kept, really clean straight car, IIRC he was asking around 10k CAD.

I had a 77, 400 TQ, leather buckets, console, put cop rims with body matching paint & a mild police spec cam with dual exhaust. It was an awesome car. Rode nice, handled nice, not the best out of the hole, (2:76 gears w/sure grip) but it was the fastest car I ever had top speed wise, & I've had some pretty fast Mopars in my day. I would like to have another one. One of the last "B" body cars.
I've always been a fan of the 400. I think they are great motors with lots of potential.

maybe someday I'll buy one.... Cordoba could be a fun build

-
Back