Having trouble picking a name...

What to name our pup..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
27331598_10207973468172959_7419831750999061701_n.jpg

Getting a Redbone Coonhound puppy. Will be picking him up on March 3rd. This is not him, I think. But all of his males from this litter look very much like this little guy. The Sire is the same one as our other Hounds...
EJ0A2032.jpg

What if I have a name not on your list???? Can you add that to the list??

EDIT: I'd call him Bugger. Because he's a cute little bugger. That's what I'd do.

Last edited:
:lol: After his personality develops, no matter what you name him, I'm sure he will get MANY colorful and perhaps not so complimentary nick names :lol:

Well....THAT escalted quickly. I jokingly (?) asked Tim, the breeder, about getting one of his siblings. Initially he said that only one was available....he messaged Ernie this morning asking if I was serious about wanting a second...we will now be getting a pair...

Last edited:
I picked Lucifer, apparently that what my dad wanted to name me, but got Matthew instead :(

A friend of mine called his dog " askhim ". People would say what's your dogs name he'd say askhim sometimes it got comical

Being the old silly one here, I named a couple of my four legged friends after tools or car parts, Socket was one and Ratchet was another.

LOL!!! Doug grow some balls. Name him *....head. I can just "hear" that in the local mall.................

Sorry, I got nuff'n

I watch them for a few days after getting them. The name should come to you after you see their actions. Matter of fact he dog we just lost followed my son around so he was named Shadow. RIP 2/12/18

My 14 year old lab is named duster. That was my dream car growing up. I was 13 and my dad bought me a fixer upper camaro so I named my new pup duster since I didnt get a real one.

My cousin has a mountain curr mutt named Dog. Him and his wife argued over a name for a couple weeks and referred to the dog as Dog. And it stuck.

If you get a male and a female, you could go the unoriginal route and call them Old Dan and Little Anne. But, that may just be me. I think I may also be showing my age a bit, there.

There is an old joke about a guy who named his dog Sex.
Dog runs away. Cops find the guy walking the back street at n ight. ask what are you doing . Well officer I'm looking for sex.
There i s a lot more but this is Doug's thread
Sorry Doug.

I got a feeling he's gonna tell you his name in the first 10 minutes he's home!! And his sibling too!!

First Redbones we had were Red and Blue. We initially were just going to take one, Red. As we were walking towards our truck his half brother started howling...we just couldn't leave him. Named him Blue because he was singing the blues..
Going to be a long day when we go get them. The drive to the Costco in Missoula is a tick or 2 over 200 miles. Part of our deal, I need to bring a home made pizza. Dough needs to be out of the fridge for 3 hours or so before we make the pizza...

Well.....things have changed again. Tim messaged my wife earlier. He needs to keep one of the males for his breeding program, so we will be getting this frumpy looking little female...
received_10208118581680706.jpeg

She is from the,same Sire, but born 2 weeks earlier...

Dee o gee.was a name a friend gave his dog.
My first lab,a male was sport,after my dart sport.
Second lab,we call her fury.
After my sport fury i had a long time ago.
Anothe one was very similar to a name someone referred to eariler,Ascombe as in askhim.

-
Back