Head bolt Question

-

wes beem

Reaction score
Howdy, doing my 360 magnum refresh, ordered one of the knockoff ebay air gap intakes and it didnt come with intake bolts (surprsie)

What thread pitch and length would i need for the air gap style intake to the magnum heads? I do not have the original bolts, got shitcanned with the old beer keg intake.

Howdy, doing my 360 magnum refresh, ordered one of the knockoff ebay air gap intakes and it didnt come with intake bolts (surprsie)

What thread pitch and length would i need for the air gap style intake to the magnum heads? I do not have the original bolts, got shitcanned with the old beer keg intake.
The bolts for holding the intake to the head are 5/16”x18 and are 2 1/4” long, but they have captured washers taking up a tiny bit of that length.

The FelPro ES 72169 mentioned above is correct for factory style replacements that are fully threaded. The original bolts are often badly rusted in the front and rear positions on both heads, which is why the replacement sets are available.

Cheaper hardware store grade five bolts can be used, but make sure they don’t have a long shoulder that can bottom into the threads.

Finally, Edelbrock aluminum heads have blind holes and factory style bolts bottomed out on mine and needed extra washers. Factory cast iron heads don’t have this problem.

The bolts for holding the intake to the head are 5/16”x18 and are 2 1/4” long, but they have captured washers taking up a tiny bit of that length.

The FelPro ES 72169 mentioned above is correct for factory style replacements that are fully threaded. The original bolts are often badly rusted in the front and rear positions on both heads, which is why the replacement sets are available.

Cheaper hardware store grade five bolts can be used, but make sure they don’t have a long shoulder that can bottom into the threads.

Finally, Edelbrock aluminum heads have blind holes and factory style bolts bottomed out on mine and needed extra washers. Factory cast iron heads don’t have this problem.
So 2" ers should be ideal with the eddy style intake?

With factory cast iron heads the factory style fully threaded bolts work perfectly with any and all Magnum style intake.

With Edelbrock aluminum heads, check for bolts bottoming out no matter what style bolts you use.

-
Back