Head Bolts For TFS Heads.

-
I used studs on mine from Summit.
Screenshot_20201018-202611.jpg

I think the ARP head bolts at Summit are around 100 bucks.

That’s why I recommended Mike at B3racing

I called trick flow they are a while away from being available again. They are out of stock. The head studs are overpriced. I was hoping there was an ARP alternative to the “trick flows”

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is out of stock and on back order. Can’t even buy a carb. Just stupid.

What kind of carb do you need

I am going to try an FST billet extreme...I think that’s it.

Now I have to go look.

It’s the billet X-treme. That’s how they spell it. I tried to get the carb that’s one step down, but it’s on BO until February 2021, maybe.

This one was supposed to be made last Friday but I doubt it will be done in the next 60 days.

Looked for a Brawler. Nada. So if I can’t get FST nailed down on an actual date, or if they can’t sell me a builders kit, I’m going to call BLP and see if I can get a B4X kit.

I am going to try an FST billet extreme...I think that’s it.

Now I have to go look.

It’s the billet X-treme. That’s how they spell it. I tried to get the carb that’s one step down, but it’s on BO until February 2021, maybe.

This one was supposed to be made last Friday but I doubt it will be done in the next 60 days.

Looked for a Brawler. Nada. So if I can’t get FST nailed down on an actual date, or if they can’t sell me a builders kit, I’m going to call BLP and see if I can get a B4X kit.

Does APD offer anything that would work for you. I race with a guy that does a lot of their carb building. I drove out and took a quick tour of the shop. Small but everything is made in house.

They make the billet Enforcer. A very cool carb if you can get it. I tried to put it in the cart but it wouldn’t let me. It’s also 230 bucks more than the FST.

At this point, the engine is done and ready to go in, the headers are here and the converter showed up today.

So the carb is killing me. I want to get it done so I can go back to doing my junk, but this is holding me up.

Last edited:
Hit up Mike @B3RE

B3 racing engines.. he has the goods
Mike is a dealer for trick flow but he himself has issues in getting stuff.

Hey guys. I have the TFS Heads and I want to know what head bolts and studs work.

Do you need a set now, as in right now because you have the heads ready to go on the engine?

EE074B5B-65C7-47DF-BAA5-1659342DEE0A.jpeg
B8600E5A-5C12-4618-989D-3345ACB256E2.jpeg
They make the billet Enforcer. A very cool carb if you can get it. I tried to put it in the cart but it wouldn’t let me. It’s also 230 bucks more than the FST.

At this point, the engine is done and ready to go in, the headers are here and the converter showed up today.

So the carb is killing me. I want to get it done so I can go back to doing my junk, but this is holding me up.

The 1250 they built me for my 572

Mike is a dealer for trick flow but he himself has issues in getting stuff.

Do you need a set now, as in right now because you have the heads ready to go on the engine?
Well I would like to get it assembled this or next week. I guess I may have to go with the studs. I just didn’t want to pay that much when every other stud is half. My cam should be here this week and I still need to measure for pushrods and check piston to valve Incase the valve reliefs need a tad of massaging.

Well I would like to get it assembled this or next week. I guess I may have to go with the studs. I just didn’t want to pay that much when every other stud is half. My cam should be here this week and I still need to measure for pushrods and check piston to valve Incase the valve reliefs need a tad of massaging.

Remember when using studs...in the event the heads have to come off, it will most likely be impossible to get the heads off in the car.

I use studs on all my junk, and I can’t get the heads off the engine in the car.

Just an FYI. Like I said, I prefer studs.

I was able to put the heads on in the car,
But I cheeted I set the heads on first then threaded the studs in just like bolts...
Not sure if I could do that in reverse but I did use arp thread lube.
Hopefully wont have to find out!
Been great so far and I know the studs are not cheap but I feel their worth it.
Good luck on your Engine!

-
Back