Head gasket bore diameter vs block bore diameter??

-

Blucuda413

Reaction score
My block is bored to 4.100 and many gaskets are either 4.125 or 4.180. Which is best for a compression of 13:1 and either .050 or .060 thickness??

You do not have nearly enough information to even ponder a wild *** drunken guess.

A big portion to the answer of your question is relative to the pistons and cylinder heads you are using.
You’ll find that The differences between those two diameters is negligible as is the thickness, on the overall compression

I wouldn't advise only .020 bigger than the bore.. that's only .010 per side. Compressed you wouldn't EVER want any of the head gasket ring in the cylinder. That's just my humble opinion

I see my post actually asked about compression, my bad!! I'm not concerned about calculating compression or thickness. I'm really asking about the best from a physical size point of view.

Last edited:
You do not have nearly enough information to even ponder a wild *** drunken with four hookers, a kilo of cocaine, three gallons of champaign, some midget wrestlers, and 13 **** stars guess.

There, I fixed it for you.

There, I fixed it for you.
Thanks! LMAO
I see my post actually asked about compression, my bad!! I'm not concerned about calculating compression or thickness. I'm really asking about the best from a physical size point of view.
Like 318WR said. For me, .020 is as close as I would want to be. Less the better. I’ve run them that right before. Some guys get into the nitty gritty and start splitting hairs on the “Dead Space” by the head gasket when the gasket bore is larger. That extra .055 is really bad in some lines of thinking.

What a "word salad" question..
I swear, some people ask questions like they are sitting at a red light, waiting for it to change, on their I Phone with nothing else better to do.

I swear, some people ask questions like they are sitting at a red light, waiting for it to change, on their I Phone with nothing else better to do.

It isn’t so bad. Keep reading around the forum for some really amazing posts!

Well I'm ready for them...

Newman.jpeg

They say what Kamala Harris dishes out is word goulash. So it could be worse I guess. lol

-
Back