Headaches...still?.....again?????

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
After I feel the other day Ernie kinda freaked out. She is concerned, justifiably so, about me riding the bike. Seen the doc again today, I did not even get a chance to say hello and she had already told him this is not gonna fly anymore. Have been having these headaches/light headedness for a while now. They scheduled me for another ECHO (?) of my heart and some other test to check the blood flow in my carotid. Also did an EKG.....and told me that my heart rate is slow. He told me that he was to run the other tests before saying anything, but based on my family history of strokes it is kinda pointing towards some sort of plugged arteries. If anybody who has had this carotid test done would not mind talking about it, either here or in private I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Not the least bit nervous, just kinda wondering about it.....Thanks....Doug

my mother just had a carotid artery cleaned out at 82. did fine except her blood pressure went way up thru the now clean artery.

Carotid sonogram today. Tired of having a headache

Carotid sonogram today. Tired of having a headache

I had it done. No problem or pain. Just like a pregnancy sonogram with a little goo on the end of a wand. Will show if the artery is clogged or open.

Praying for you my friend!

Easy test and I believe they do balloon to clear the blockage. My dad had one 100% blocked so they couldn't get the balloon through. They just left it. You have 3 more to deliver blood to your brain. Prayers for a easy/speedy recovery. tmm

Will not know the results til next Thursday or so. My frigging head is pounding like a sumovabeech...

When he was pressing on the right side of my neck the headache ramped up....and I started getting light headed....

Will not know the results til next Thursday or so. My frigging head is pounding like a sumovabeech...

When he was pressing on the right side of my neck the headache ramped up....and I started getting light headed....

Sure you don't need a chiropractor? I have those same symptoms and a adjustment fixes me right up. tmm

Sure you don't need a chiropractor? I have those same symptoms and a adjustment fixes me right up. tmm

My skeletal system is a bit banged up. My doc does "manipulations".....when he was working on my back/neck it offered no relief at all...in regards to the headaches and back pain. Thing that has my doc concerned is my low heart rate. He said that with me having unmedicated high cholesterol for quite a while in addition to the low heart rate he is a bit concerned. When they did an EKG last year it was "normal". The one done recently it was not. Hardening of the arteries runs in my family. Every one that I know of on my Dads side has had the roto rooter done on there neck....

My skeletal system is a bit banged up. My doc does "manipulations".....when he was working on my back/neck it offered no relief at all...in regards to the headaches and back pain. Thing that has my doc concerned is my low heart rate. He said that with me having unmedicated high cholesterol for quite a while in addition to the low heart rate he is a bit concerned. When they did an EKG last year it was "normal". The one done recently it was not. Hardening of the arteries runs in my family. Every one that I know of on my Dads side has had the roto rooter done on there neck....

I'm still with ya bud. Mike

I'm still with ya bud. Mike

Thanks. Have been bitching about this for quite a while now. Doc is just trying to rule things out, I think. I can deal with the headaches, falling down is another story....not exactly a good thing for someone who rides a motorcycle....#-o

My carotid artery was blocked 100%,did not know it, had many headaches. Then one night laying in bed had a major stroke,,, No more headaches after that. Came out of it with some loss of hand movement and some slurred speech, also some thought process loss.
Could have been worse.
Get it taken care of ASAP.
Good luck,
Jim

Keep us posted Doug, Good luck and get this sh$t figured out

I know you like your scooter, but stay off it until you feel better.
Blood pressure is nothing to mess with, mine has always been astronomically high.
It took me several years with different amounts medication to lower it to a point it is still high for most people.
But when I get to anywhere near "normal", (I checked it yesterday and it was 122/93) which is low for me, I start feeling drowsy and lazy, and actually I had a bad headache when I came home from work.

I know you like your scooter, but stay off it until you feel better.
Blood pressure is nothing to mess with, mine has always been astronomically high.
It took me several years with different amounts medication to lower it to a point it is still high for most people.
But when I get to anywhere near "normal", (I checked it yesterday and it was 122/93) which is low for me, I start feeling drowsy and lazy, and actually I had a bad headache when I came home from work.

Hmmmm.....my blood pressure was high....medication has bought it down to the normal range...just about where yours is. Has been at this level for some time now.....can't help but wonder if I have developed a problem with the bp med. Doc has mentioned we may try changing things up a bit.....

Went thru several different bp meds prior to this one. Had side effects from all of them.....mostly coughing....to the point that my sides hurt. Hope I don't have to go thru that again.

Pretty much done with the bike for the year. Supposed to go to town on it to meet the wife and her friend after they get done with the quilt show for lunch. Weather chucklehead is talking about rain so....

Doug, Good to hear the neck arteries are good, but be sure to NOT let up on the Doc's they will rule this and that out but if you stop, they will and then thats when bad **** happens!

Keep us informed I too have the Neck Sono done right about the time they found I have a 30% blocked artery in my left leg so...

Prayers are with you man!

Somebody really needs to invent an MRI machine that does not make all that racket. Having the MRI done because of having headaches...and I had a full fledged thumper going on when I was in the machine....frigging ear plugs just made it worse...damn that thing is loud.....

Seen my doc today. He wants me to try numbing some nerve on my face to see if it helps. He gave me lidocaine....told me to put some on a Q-tip and put it on the inside of my nose...if it helps with the headaches he is going to try Botox injections....hmmmmm

-
Back