Header flange/ header build

-

cooooledart

Reaction score
I've considered building a turbo slant 6 and would need to fab some custome headers. Where can I get the header flange to start off from. I hope thats the correct name for what I'm thinking of. Thanks

Any reason to not just use the stock manifold and route a tube from that back up into your turbo? I think Pishta posted a good pix of a setup like that.

If new, then the thicker flange you linked is desirable to fight the warpage of the heat in a turbo manifold, but I am very doubtful about routing the intake through that same super hot flange. The 2nd one looks on the thin side....IMHO.

Get ready for an adventure. I would estimate 20 or more hours per tube.
2012-05-16_21-05-40_610.jpg

photobucket-1189-1346848542551.jpg

Will

Any reason to not just use the stock manifold and route a tube from that back up into your turbo? I think Pishta posted a good pix of a setup like that.

If new, then the thicker flange you linked is desirable to fight the warpage of the heat in a turbo manifold, but I am very doubtful about routing the intake through that same super hot flange. The 2nd one looks on the thin side....IMHO.

It has never been proved, but the thinking on that M-O is that the stock exhaust manifold + a J-Pipe (ala, PISHTA) is somewhat restrictive, compared with a 6-pipe header with invidual pipes for each cylinder.

Popular opinion states that the PISHTA system is good, up to, maybe, 350 horsepower, while there are a couple of 6-pipe headres can go over 500.

So, a PISHTA system could work well on the street, while a racing operation might opt for the bona fide headers, for a competitive advantage.

"Get ready for an adventure. I would estimate 20 or more hours per tube."

Amen!:banghead:

Attachments

• js640_100_3489-2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 201
-
Back