Header Install

-

moparmarkk

Reaction score
Hi,anybody installed a header on a slant?How do you block the egr?thanks for any help,mark

I think I have a block off plate I will not be using. PM me if you are interested.

I've always used piece of aluminum flashing cut into the shape of the EGR valve plate sandwiched between the valve and the mount on the manifold to block the EGR.

because of the way the exhaust and intake mount on the slantie, you must make sure they are both the same height
(not all headers are created equal)
and especially if you're using second hand parts, you want to make sure its a perfect match
if not, take both of em over to your local machine shop, and have them surface them together

because of the way the exhaust and intake mount on the slantie, you must make sure they are both the same height
(not all headers are created equal)
and especially if you're using second hand parts, you want to make sure its a perfect match
if not, take both of em over to your local machine shop, and have them surface them together
the header and intake do not mate up,but thanks mark

Seriously, if the valve is OK, just not having it hooked up is enough........................

-
Back