Header Question

-

Glue Man

Reaction score
Im putting a 6.1/HDK/T56 in my 68 Valiant. Question is what aftermarket long tube headers work in our A bodies? Is it only TTI headers? I was hoping that maybe someone had tried to fit something else. Thanks in advance. Also apologize if this topic has been beat into the ground, I looked before posting.

Im putting a 6.1/HDK/T56 in my 68 Valiant. Question is what aftermarket long tube headers work in our A bodies? Is it only TTI headers? I was hoping that maybe someone had tried to fit something else. Thanks in advance. Also apologize if this topic has been beat into the ground, I looked before posting.
I don't know that any other brand is going to make it as easy as TTI did for me. They asked what I was using and made the headers for my setup. I have zero issues. Not a header ding one! I know TTI headers get a bad rap but trying to save a couple hundred dollars can create a couple thousand in headaches!
My combo is 6.1/TR6060, HDK, Schumacher(I think) mounts from Denny as well.

I don't know that any other brand is going to make it as easy as TTI did for me. They asked what I was using and made the headers for my setup. I have zero issues. Not a header ding one! I know TTI headers get a bad rap but trying to save a couple hundred dollars can create a couple thousand in headaches!
My combo is 6.1/TR6060, HDK, Schumacher(I think) mounts from Denny as well.

Do you have a passanger side starter?
I have a 68 Barracuda and 2010 6.1 6 speed to put in it.
Just picked up complet setup.
Could use some insight on the front end setup and headers.
Thanks

Do you have a passanger side starter?
I have a 68 Barracuda and 2010 6.1 6 speed to put in it.
Just picked up complet setup.
Could use some insight on the front end setup and headers.
Thanks
Yeah. Passenger side starter.
As far as insight goes.... all I know is what I said in the above post. You cant go wrong with a Hemi Denny K and TTI headers. You will have to do some transmission tunnel work and make a trans mount but other than that, it's not a bad job. The 6.1 is easier to fit in an A-body than the 6.4 because of the wiper motor not fitting with a 6.4.
Good luck and PM if you need any specific questions answered.

I was curious on these, and if they can be modified slightly to work:
s-l1600.jpg

Here is the link:
STAINLESS STEEL 8-2 LONG TUBE HEADER FOR 05-10 SRT8 6.1 V8 HEMI EXHAUST/MANIFOLD | eBay

I am putting a 6.1 in a 72 Demon. I quarreled with myself over the cost of the TTIs but in the end I went with them. Zero regrets flawless on install, no hammer mods! To echo others sometimes the savings of a couple hundred bucks is worth thousands in aggravation. I work alone so having something actually fit correct makes sense as I never seem to have enough hands and my fearless German Shepard ( Hemi) does not have opposing thumbs!

I am putting a 6.1 in a 72 Demon. I quarreled with myself over the cost of the TTIs but in the end I went with them. Zero regrets flawless on install, no hammer mods! To echo others sometimes the savings of a couple hundred bucks is worth thousands in aggravation. I work alone so having something actually fit correct makes sense as I never seem to have enough hands and my fearless German Shepard ( Hemi) does not have opposing thumbs!
PS and I went with HDK for the tubular front end, super good guy excellent product. Wealth of knowledge and information.

My Aussie has a collar that says Hemi and looks like an old seatbelt. I didn't name him Hemi because my sisters dog already had that name. LOL

My Aussie has a collar that says Hemi and looks like an old seatbelt. I didn't name him Hemi because my sisters dog already had that name. LOL
You guys rock! Me and Hemi have been fabricating our tranny mount this morning. While I was in there doing a bit of welding I got the front end of subframe connectors done.

-
Back