Headers For a A body

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
Which one fit's best, TTI or Doug's? 1972 A body with a 318, ps. Ceramic coated a good idea too? I'm sure that they are high dollar, but I'd rather spend money once on good quality headers than have to buy new headers every few years.

Good luck with your thread Dan.

can of worms gif.gif

Both fit well. Of all of your threads I've read, just stick to the manifolds on your 318. They will fit YOU the best.

Both fit well. Of all of your threads I've read, just stick to the manifolds on your 318.
I was wondering if I could get by with staying with manifolds. Is it true that the ones from a 360 Dakota are pretty much the best flowing exhaust manifold?

I was wondering if I could get by with staying with manifolds. Is it true that the ones from a 360 Dakota are pretty much the best flowing exhaust manifold?
Just stick with your 318 manifolds and run dual exhaust. You aren't racing, most of your threads frustrate you and others... and that's just typing words. Just wait till you go to install headers, plus the price (I've seen how prices affect you).... just stick with the 318 manifolds.

Just stick with your 318 manifolds and run dual exhaust. You aren't racing, most of your threads frustrate you and others... and that's just typing words. Just wait till you go to install headers, plus the price (I've seen how prices affect you).... just stick with the 318 manifolds.
Thanks 318willrun, that's what I'm going to do. With the help that you and others have given me I'm sure that it will be a fun car. Any particular mufflers I should consider?

Thanks 318willrun, that's what I'm going to do. With the help that you and others have given me I'm sure that it will be a fun car. Any particular mufflers I should consider?
I'd pick the mufflers that sound best to you. Even stock two stock mufflers will double the flow, so I would suggest you look at turbo mufflers for a little bit of a throaty sound but not two loud.

I'd pick the mufflers that sound best to you. Even stock two stock mufflers will double the flow, so I would suggest you look at turbo mufflers for a little bit of a throaty sound but not two loud.
Awesome, thanks. I'll do most of this over the winter time.

Dougs are about $800. On a stock 318 with no performance add on's you might gain 10 horsepower. It would be hard for me to justify that purchase for such a small performance increase. And you still need a dual exhaust. That's another few hundred dollars. (or more)

Just a general comment here; and I'm really not trying to be a jerk about this- but you need to learn to post specific questions in their proper category.
upload_2022-7-23_9-20-43.png

Just to name a few. Not everything goes in "Small Block Mopar Engine".
Not only does this help get specific responses, but it helps people in the future to find answers to their own questions. It's part of what makes the "Search" function viable. When people complain about "Search" being useless, it's because too many threads are miscategorized.
There's always some overlap in topics, but let's try to keep the site useful. Think ahead.
Off my soapbox now. Have a nice day.

Just a general comment here; and I'm really not trying to be a jerk about this- but you need to learn to post specific questions in their proper category.
View attachment 1715959727
Not only does this help get specific responses, but it helps people in the future to find answers to their own questions. It's part of what makes the "Search" function viable. When people complain about "Search" being useless, it's because too many threads are miscategorized.
There's always some overlap in topics, but let's try to keep the site useful. Think ahead.
Sir, your not being a jerk at all, in fact it's a help to me on were to direct my questions.

Dougs are about $800. On a stock 318 with no performance add on's you might gain 10 horsepower. It would be hard for me to justify that purchase for such a small performance increase. And you still need a dual exhaust. That's another few hundred dollars. (or more)
If I remember correctly, a few years back a dual exhaust system was around $400. If I want to play I have to pay.

View attachment 1715959727
I can move that. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Ideally you could use the 340 driver's manifold (about $150-$250) and a 1996/97/98 Jeep Grand Cherokee passenger's manifold (about $30-$50). It would cost much less than headers and still give you great flow!! Also you would get excellent ground clearance. I'm sure your engine won't produce more power than a 340 6 pack>??

They both measure 2 1/4 outlet

I just removed them from my 360 in my 67 barracuda. The fit on the magnum manifold is excellent.

They both measure 2 1/4 outlet

I just removed them from my 360 in my 67 barracuda. The fit on the magnum manifold is excellent.
That's not a bad deal, especially with the down pipes if they fit his car (they should)??

Flow masters twin chambers have a nice sound..

-
Back