Headers for a big block a body?

-

cys68

Reaction score
I have a 68 cuda with a 383 and a 4speed, yesterday I fired it up and saw my 25yr old direct connection long tubes had a rust hole at the flange...Ive searched everywhere I cant find a set of normal headers anymore, everything is fenderwall exit of almost a 1000k! Any ideas for a set of reasonable set of longtubes??

Hookers are about 500
Mazzolini/pro parts 800
Maddog??? about 500

tti chassis exit 700-800

Maddogs are 550.00 and Mark at markmaddog@yahoo.com said they fit nice?

But since I have aftermarket outside sump oil line system they could not guarantee me that they would fit as they hug the oil pan really close on the DS.

Dart, Duster, Cuda
> A-Body1967-76
> Part #7602 - 383-400 cid. Auto & 4 speed,
> 2" primaries, 3 ½" slip on collectors, stock heads, Edelbrock alum. & stage 5 heads, Manual steering.

ME340, you are dating yourself there..........

The TTI's are updated CPPA, which don't exist anymore.

But since I have aftermarket outside sump oil line system they could not guarantee me that they would fit as they hug the oil pan really close on the DS.

Dart, Duster, Cuda
> A-Body1967-76
> 2" primaries, 3 ½" slip on collectors, stock heads, Edelbrock alum. & stage 5 heads, Manual steering.

ofcourse the guy that sells them say they fit nice. anyone know anyone that has actually tried them?

what about this i have a 400 bb and dont want to cut holes i am using schumacher mounts in sb k member and from what i hear tti is junk is this true? 68 a body

what about this i have a 400 bb and dont want to cut holes i am using schumacher mounts in sb k member and from what i hear tti is junk is this true? 68 a body

No TTI are not junk. They are considerd by most to be very high quality, but even TTI will usually need some dings to fit a BB a-body.

my TTI 440 A-body headers..fit better than small block header do!!

No TTI are not junk. They are considerd by most to be very high quality, but even TTI will usually need some dings to fit a BB a-body.

I put tti in my 440 powered 1973 dodge dart and they fit great. I did not have to dent one tube to get them to fit. I was going to use the pro-parts but at the time nobody was making them. Mopar65

100_0520 (Large).jpg

100_0521 (Large).jpg

ofcourse the guy that sells them say they fit nice. anyone know anyone that has actually tried them?

Joe member prosport on moparts ran a set of them on his low deck 1973 dart sport. If i remember right when he first got them one tube was hitting. so he sent them back and had it fixed. after that they fit fine. also i think prosport was one of the frist to try them and mad dog changed his pattern so they fit better. with thoses headers prosport car ran 9.80 and was 100 percent streetable. but it would be best to pm him because i might not be right. Mopar65

I bought the complete TTI system, headers to tips, for my 68 383 4 spd Formula S & they dinged a couple of the tubes to clear plugs, etc. I was amazed they'd to that, but they're nice pieces anyway. Only problem is they're 1 3/4" tubes & I've built a 451 stroker & need larger tubes.
I'd consider selling the headers (brand new, in the boxex). They're thermal barrier and ceramic coated.

I bought the complete TTI system, headers to tips, for my 68 383 4 spd Formula S & they dinged a couple of the tubes to clear plugs, etc. I was amazed they'd to that, but they're nice pieces anyway. Only problem is they're 1 3/4" tubes & I've built a 451 stroker & need larger tubes.
I'd consider selling the headers (brand new, in the boxex). They're thermal barrier and ceramic coated.

I heard none of these headers will fit BB 4 speeds.
Is this correct?

hi, i used shumacker on my 440 conversion,they were reasonable price considering shipping and import tax my end<my goverment suck>made the engine swap much easier,used their mounts too, am very happy with the quality,did toy around with cast jensen interceptor<british car,440 motor>but they cracked on installing engine, couldnt do anything but remove the motor,discard the cast manifolds<or throw them.....>as i did, get on phone to supplier, 6 weeks and away! they not the y or tri but go down to single tube just passed steering box so was just a case of fabricating pipe to flange plate supplied and away.you gotta bite the bullet as i did and am now with 1.0 torsion bars/front end rebuild, good luck!

Dart, Duster, Cuda
> A-Body1967-76

Maddog will also do that header with a 1 7/8 primary for the same price .

I have a 68 Dart with 383, schumacher /6-BB mounts, and 4-speed. The TTI's were a night mare to clear 4 speed setup. Had to butcher z-bar!!! I do not recomend them for 4 speed cars. May work great for auto cars, but not with 4-speed!!! Just my 2 bits... been there and done it!!

I`ve got the 2" TTI`s on my Barracuda. They`re built very well, thick tubing and flanges and machined well enough that I didn`t require gaskets at the collectors. I bought them from Mazzolini`s, the best price at that time. I ended up going with a hydraulic clutch to eliminate the PITA that was the Z-bar and fork.

I am also looking at a hydraulic clutch setup for my Dart. I can not get the butchard system that I have now to engage the clutch fully. Like I say beware TTI & Stock 4-speed big block linkage!!!!!!!

-
Back