Headers

-
Exactly. I have learned from my screw ups and being dead wrong. I just don’t pull things out of my hat and post them. I’ve been there and broke all that and more. It costs money and time and it’s frustrating to kill parts.

Hell, I went to a drag race last Sunday (which I almost never do because I’ve BTDT and I’m over it) and it was appalling to see how poorly tuned the chassis were on some of the stick cars. In fact most of the stick cars were just junk. One car had a MPH to run low 10’s and he was getting mid 11 ET’s. Just crazy. It was all in his suspension and tuning of that suspension.

Last year, there was a guy who was beating his tires like a dead army mule. I just suggested to him what he needed to do, because he wasn’t happy with his 60 foot times and his ET in general. And I don’t blame him. He had a 10 second engine program and a mid 11 second chassis tune up. He did one thing and none of the rest and a year later he was still in the same boat as he was last year.

Of course, what I suggested goes against virtually every book, YouTube video, what few magazine articles there ever were on drag racing with a clutch so I’m sure he just can’t believe everyone else is wrong and I’m right. But I’ve been there, broke that and figured it out. Just like my flow bench example, which is 95% of the crap published on flow testing and porting is just wrong so it goes with clutches. I don’t give a crap (for the most part) about converter cars but that’s the same. Guys are stuck with what they thought worked in the 80’s or even the 90’s when converters are so far better than what they are even 20 years ago it’s not funny.

But some guys just won’t learn. And so it is.
It’s the same with carburetors. I was at Irwindale last night and stood quietly next to a friend of a friends small block nitrous Camaro while they twisted every screw, nut, bolt, jet, squirter, they could get their tools on. And made zero difference in the huge bog at the hit. Before the next pass I asked if I could play with it. The primary accelerator pump was halfway through its travel at idle and the secondary was blocked up. I tuned .4 in to the car in 10 minutes, in the 1/8th! Mind boggling

It’s the same with carburetors. I was at Irwindale last night and stood quietly next to a friend of a friends small block nitrous Camaro while they twisted every screw, nut, bolt, jet, squirter, they could get their tools on. And made zero difference in the huge bog at the hit. Before the next pass I asked if I could play with it. The primary accelerator pump was halfway through its travel at idle and the secondary was blocked up. I tuned .4 in to the car in 10 minutes, in the 1/8th! Mind boggling

Nice work! Hopefully they at least bought you a beer.

Lets make this post interesting

20220722_094944.jpg

20220722_094825.jpg

20220722_095146.jpg

This book has been sitting on the top of my coffee table for months and don’t ask me why but I glanced over to it. When I did I cracked up laughing. Notice the date of the magazine. Lol. I guess now I’ll have to reread this one. Maybe I’ll learn something.
A0D62EE5-7A89-4566-9534-AB18E7E2CB1A.jpeg
72646DF0-DB8F-4FE1-AB7B-151C61F15443.jpeg
E228CECC-255C-4B72-9117-341A3EFD71F9.jpeg

This book has been sitting on the top of my coffee table for months and don’t ask me why but I glanced over to it. When I did I cracked up laughing. Notice the date of the magazine. Lol. I guess now I’ll have to reread this one. Maybe I’ll learn something.
View attachment 1715959730

The text in the last photo about Koffel mentions his Packard gasser, " the 23,000 pound chevy powered E gasser............." And we thought Mopars were hit hard by the nhra back in the day! LOL

Here is a few pics of the crappy LA headers I had on my W2 340”. Car ran high 9’s

don’t waste so much time trying to find headers. Cheap ones work as I have proven that.
Real world results

A0CB6885-1528-4FA6-B117-2BF7FEE66AAC.jpeg

548D85CB-2D32-41E5-83A7-191F109E54AA.jpeg

92CCA49B-4786-44DB-8914-A4A3A627B416.jpeg

53F0D160-DE12-474B-9BB8-076ECD067446.jpeg

View attachment 1715959728
Geezz, I'd like to see how that one flushed!!
Screw on collector?? Would that make it a
Stree-petition header???
Someone roll out the Gimp, I want a 1980's clarification on this..!!!

-
Back