Headers

-
Exactly. And in the other thread the issue was you have your typical Chrysler bubble gummers droning on about the very nice American Racing Headers not fitting power steering and the ever heard and equally dumb “they will hang too low” complaints.

My point was and still is that ANY header that will fit, has the ability to be installed relatively easy, make the engine easier to service AND make real power won’t take power steering. And because of the size of the primary tubes and collectors they will be lower.

Hooker had to change the nomenclature of their street headers to make them move better. Not all of the part numbers got the change either. The 5204 Hooker was NEVER considered a “racing” or performance header. It was and still is (if you can find them) a street header. So they welded the “super comp” tag on the pipe and everyone thought they were getting something other than a basic, run of the mill street header.

It’s as simple as that. If you are going to ***** about how a header installs, fits and works you at least need to be intellectually honest and compare common street headers to the same headers and not compare that street junk to adjustable race headers. The two are two totally separately markets and end users.

And to put a point on this, these two threads are why Chrylser guys are always sucking hind tit when it comes to speed parts. Not one thing has changed since I started doing this in 1980. For the Chrysler guys it always costs too much, is too hard to install, requires extra parts and on and on and on. We are lucky that another company is building a quality header for small block Chrysler guys. We now have a grand total of TWO. ARH and Tubular Automotive. That’s it. Bitching on an open forum about a product that no one here (except one guy and I forget who exactly that was) has seen let alone used. The guy who did use them had ranted about fit, quality and horsepower.

You can’t **** in your own kitchen and expect people to eat at your table. Let that sink in because that is exactly what happens with things like this.
Besides which, WHO would WANT power steering on a race car serious enough to need 2000 dollar headers? A dumbass, maybe? I've never thought A bodies ever needed power steering. Unless maybe you're a girl or a pu$$y.

Exactly. And in the other thread the issue was you have your typical Chrysler bubble gummers droning on about the very nice American Racing Headers not fitting power steering and the ever heard and equally dumb “they will hang too low” complaints.

My point was and still is that ANY header that will fit, has the ability to be installed relatively easy, make the engine easier to service AND make real power won’t take power steering. And because of the size of the primary tubes and collectors they will be lower.

Hooker had to change the nomenclature of their street headers to make them move better. Not all of the part numbers got the change either. The 5204 Hooker was NEVER considered a “racing” or performance header. It was and still is (if you can find them) a street header. So they welded the “super comp” tag on the pipe and everyone thought they were getting something other than a basic, run of the mill street header.

It’s as simple as that. If you are going to ***** about how a header installs, fits and works you at least need to be intellectually honest and compare common street headers to the same headers and not compare that street junk to adjustable race headers. The two are two totally separately markets and end users.

And to put a point on this, these two threads are why Chrylser guys are always sucking hind tit when it comes to speed parts. Not one thing has changed since I started doing this in 1980. For the Chrysler guys it always costs too much, is too hard to install, requires extra parts and on and on and on. We are lucky that another company is building a quality header for small block Chrysler guys. We now have a grand total of TWO. ARH and Tubular Automotive. That’s it. Bitching on an open forum about a product that no one here (except one guy and I forget who exactly that was) has seen let alone used. The guy who did use them had ranted about fit, quality and horsepower.

You can’t **** in your own kitchen and expect people to eat at your table. Let that sink in because that is exactly what happens with things like this.

This is what I've been saying for years, Mopar guys are their own worst enemy. When Edelbrock introduced their small block heads there was a ton of crying because they didn't "look" like a factory head! It's the same with any part that deviates from stock appearing or won't work with all stock components.

Besides which, WHO would WANT power steering on a race car serious enough to need 2000 dollar headers? A dumbass, maybe? I've never thought A bodies ever needed power steering. Unless maybe you're a girl or a pu$$y.
Nascar, le mans, to name a couple.
Preference is all it is, safety in a lot of cases. I went out of my way to put power steering in my valiant, tti step headers and 3" pipes. If I have to swerve to miss hitting someone... I can....and maintain control. Manual cannot do what power steering can at any speed with as little effort. Run power or run manual steering, it shouldn't matter to anyone besides the owner/driver. If you you go straight line... you wont care if it's easy to turn or not. If you drive mostly on the street...power steering is helpful for all obstacles on the road. Hell.. you can pull the belt for a 1/4 mile if need be.
This is chest bump thread with a catalog from 1980 used as proof of veteran status ...or some kinda status. It bleeds through in all the op's post n reply. May as well go back 10 years ago when guys on here were saying.. "I'm older than you" . Age is no lock on brilliance/intelligence.
People bitching about power steering are no different than people bitching about header fitment... and just as lame people bichin about about a marketing phenomenon that started way before 1980. The gripe that Mopar guys have is the fact that we pay twice as much for the parts Chevy guys pay for and most of the time Chevy guys parts are bolt on and fit they don't need bracket changing and other bullshit. Chryslers have torsion bars and for headers it'll never be easy...fact is... working on a Dodge is easy ,for us "Mopar guys" because we've acclimated to all the bullshit we have to deal with ..lol..at the same time a lot of it is simple and even easier in some cases...non the less it can mean something else designed around that is going to be a pita. The suspension amongst other things, easy..but crowding for the headers. There are better designs and there are poor designs when you compare all of the big three.
What are we learning here, really..

Last edited:
Preference is all it is, safety in a lot of cases. I went out of my way to put power steering in my valiant, tti step headers and 3" pipes. If I have to swerve to miss hitting someone... I can....and maintain control. Manual cannot do what power steering can at any speed with as little effort. Run power or run manual steering, it shouldn't matter to anyone besides the owner/driver. If you you go straight line... you wont care if it's easy to turn or not. If you drive mostly on the street...power steering is helpful for all obstacles on the road. Hell.. you can pull the belt for a 1/4 mile if need be.
This is chest bump thread with a catalog from 1980 used as proof of veteran status ...or some kinda status. It bleeds through in all the op's post n reply. May as well go back 10 years ago when guys on here were saying.. "I'm older than you" . Age is no lock on brilliance/intelligence.
People bitching about power steering are no different than people bitching about header fitment... and just as lame people bichin about about a marketing phenomenon that started way before 1980. The gripe that Mopar guys have as the fact that we pay twice as much for the parts Chevy guys pay for and most of the time Chevy guys parts are bolt on and fit they don't need bracket changing and other bullshit. Chryslers have torsion bars and for headers it'll never be easy fact is working on a Dodge is easy for a Mopar guy because we've acclimated to all the bullshit we have to deal with at the same time a lot of it is simple, the suspension amongst other things. There are better designs and there are poor designs when you compare all of the big three.
What are we learning, really..

If you can’t drive a car with manual steering in city traffic you need to ride the bus. That’s just ridiculous. Has nothing to do with chest bumping. It’s about getting the facts straight. Clearly you didn’t do that.

And the red X's are what got rat bitchard kicked out of here the last time, he can't fking stop being a prick and starting a constant string of debates. What in the hell are we debating? Rat bitchards opinion??

Let us know how that goes...

If you can’t drive a car with manual steering in city traffic you need to ride the bus. That’s just ridiculous. Has nothing to do with chest bumping. It’s about getting the facts straight. Clearly you didn’t do that.
See.

Okay...:rolleyes: If you can't wear underwear without making skid mark's in them..then you should just wear diapers.

The beginning of the end all over again.
:popcorn:

Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me..everyone should be like me.

:thumbsup:

The day you were let back here you made sure to find one of my posts and hit the disagree X to let me know you were back.
You still haven't learned.
So i'm going back to putting you on ignore now that you're back...to the same old ****.

People bitching about power steering are no different than people bitching about header fitment... and just as lame people bichin about about a marketing phenomenon that started way before 1980. The gripe that Mopar guys have is the fact that we pay twice as much for the parts Chevy guys pay for and most of the time Chevy guys parts are bolt on and fit they don't need bracket changing and other bullshit. Chryslers have torsion bars and for headers it'll never be easy...fact is... working on a Dodge is easy ,for us "Mopar guys" because we've acclimated to all the bullshit we have to deal with ..lol..at the same time a lot of it is simple and even easier in some cases...non the less it can mean something else designed around that is going to be a pita. The suspension amongst other things, easy..but crowding for the headers. There are better designs and there are poor designs when you compare all of the big three.
What are we learning here, really..
I've had power steering on some pretty hot street cars in the past. But were I campaigning a real drag car, power steering would not be on it.

:thumbsup:

The day you were let back here you made sure to find one of my posts and hit the disagree X to let me know you were back.
You still haven't learned.
So i'm going back to putting you on ignore now that you're back...to the same old ****.
I can fix that.

And the red X's are what got rat bitchard kicked out of here the last time, he can't fking stop being a prick and starting a constant string of debates. What in the hell are we debating? Rat bitchards opinion??

Seems you are in my thread with zero to add. You can go away. You won’t be missed.

Well..
See.

Okay...:rolleyes: If you can't wear underwear without making skid mark's in them..then you should just wear diapers.

The beginning of the end all over again.
:popcorn:
Or, maybe, just maybe being wrong isn’t an option. Or maybe it is for some people.
I've always learned the most from screwin up and bein wrong.

I agree, maybe kicked out again! He needs to grow up and respect others opinion!

Well..

I've always learned the most from screwin up and bein wrong.

Exactly. I have learned from my screw ups and being dead wrong. I just don’t pull things out of my hat and post them. I’ve been there and broke all that and more. It costs money and time and it’s frustrating to kill parts.

Hell, I went to a drag race last Sunday (which I almost never do because I’ve BTDT and I’m over it) and it was appalling to see how poorly tuned the chassis were on some of the stick cars. In fact most of the stick cars were just junk. One car had a MPH to run low 10’s and he was getting mid 11 ET’s. Just crazy. It was all in his suspension and tuning of that suspension.

Last year, there was a guy who was beating his tires like a dead army mule. I just suggested to him what he needed to do, because he wasn’t happy with his 60 foot times and his ET in general. And I don’t blame him. He had a 10 second engine program and a mid 11 second chassis tune up. He did one thing and none of the rest and a year later he was still in the same boat as he was last year.

Of course, what I suggested goes against virtually every book, YouTube video, what few magazine articles there ever were on drag racing with a clutch so I’m sure he just can’t believe everyone else is wrong and I’m right. But I’ve been there, broke that and figured it out. Just like my flow bench example, which is 95% of the crap published on flow testing and porting is just wrong so it goes with clutches. I don’t give a crap (for the most part) about converter cars but that’s the same. Guys are stuck with what they thought worked in the 80’s or even the 90’s when converters are so far better than what they are even 20 years ago it’s not funny.

But some guys just won’t learn. And so it is.

I remember the days of bashing Hooker headers was blasphemy. Today? Low budget option. If they work for your particular setup they are still decent quality at a fair price. My issue was/is alignment. As they tend to be bulky. But not considering because of some marketing disagreements is silly.

I remember the days of bashing Hooker headers was blasphemy. Today? Low budget option. If they work for your particular setup they are still decent quality at a fair price. My issue was/is alignment. As they tend to be bulky. But not considering because of some marketing disagreements is silly.
The Chevy guys still like um. lol

The Chevy guys still like um. lol
Oh yeah. They started with Chevy in mind. I run a set on my drag race Duster. I saw a simular setup as mine with same tube size from TTI. And those headers were certainly nicer looking and neatly tucked away. And also easier installation and maintenance. But no evidence they perform better. And we're nearly 3x price.

Just remember:

1658403901309.png

I believe his point is, that regardless of what Hookers "calls" something, that doesn't necessarily mean that's what it is.

Well the fact is that Hooker can call their headers whatever the like..and if people reference them under the name they are now sold by, then that's perfectly fine.
If someone doesn't like it, then that's just tough ****, because it's reality...
Thinking your brilliant, because at one time they were referenced as something else is just self indulgent.
After all, how does referencing a 40 year old parts book, help someone today in their header choice? It doesn't.. Should they go into Summit and start arguing the part numbers from 40 years ago?? They'd think your a Peanut...
Everything moves on.
I wouldn't class a header as "competition" just because the collector is slip on, because I'm not living in yesteryear..
When I grew up, any 4 into1 was considered "competition" and any Try Y was considered as "street".
People expect a lot more from a header that would be considered as "competition" these days..

helps if you have one arm , tough guy

-
Back