Headlight Switch 66 Dart?

-

coalman

Reaction score
Does any Mopar Model use that ground tang on the back of the head headlight switch? Thanks

Some later models do have a ground wire that goes there. I forget where I had one, 87 Grand Fury maybe. So the reproduction switch is built "one size fits all".
Any could/should add a ground wire there.

Some later models do have a ground wire that goes there. I forget where I had one, 87 Grand Fury maybe. So the reproduction switch is built "one size fits all".
Any could/should add a ground wire there.

I guess you are recommending one? I don't think an extra ground would hurt. Thanks

I guess you are recommending one? I don't think an extra ground would hurt. Thanks
Factory relied on a daisy chain of metal to metal contacts for a ground path most everywhere. For the instrument panel, it's a handful of small screws. So adding a ground wire directly from inst' housing to chassis is optimal method. You would consider male/female connector in this added wire for service purposes ( less you'll tool remove it like the amp gauge wires ). So where the headlight switch is mounted in the metal inst' housing, adding a wire with female spade terminal to this switch body is simpler, how the factory did it in later models, and better than none.

Not sure how the wiper switch ^ got into this but... yes the wiper switch must be chassis grounded to the dash also. I've found that some wouldn't run unless the switch is grounded and others wouldn't stop/park unless the switch is grounded.

Not sure how the wiper switch ^ got into this but... yes the wiper switch must be chassis grounded to the dash also. I've found that some wouldn't run unless the switch is grounded and others wouldn't stop/park unless the switch is grounded.
Oops, grabbed the wrong switch! Sorry.

I think I have a headlight switch if you need a photo.

Yes, I was wondering about the switch too. I have a new switch, I am still chasing the pulsating voltage issue, I have every modification known, and I still can't get rid of it. I am looking at the headlight switch and the grounds behind the instrument panel next. Thanks for all the feed back...

-
Back