Heads!!!

-

supersean

Reaction score
Im in desperate need of some small block heads, would like to find a set of W2s but i know how hard it is to find them possibly a descent set of aluminum too but anyone who has some or knows someone please let me know thanks.

Supersean -there Is A Set Of Newin The Box- W2 190 Cc Heads On Ebay Item #150074677682 Buy It Now $ 969.00

Sean. Decide what you want the heads to do before you take that step for new ones. New heads are the way to go. Cost effective, and you get better payback. But there's expensive, and more expensive. I've got a set of econo W2's on my stroker but the supporting hardware is expensive.

Well we plan on building a 408 stroker for our drag car and we wouldnt mind having a decent set of W2's but as pricey as some Ive seen are we might as well buy so aluminum heads and get more out of it in the long run, but as rare as small block mopar stuff seems to be we might change directions and build a bog block as much as I hate to say it

Sean,
Had a nice conversation with you today, and after we had talked you could easily run what you want with a good set of ported LA heads, 10.50's and 10.60's shouldnt be a problem. But will take the right chassis setup and I believe that you have this undercontrol.
The money that you will spend on the aftermarket heads plus the porting work will run you in the $2,000.00 - $2,500.00 range plus the valve train, I could do you a good set of LA's for $500.00 - $700.00 less complete less rockers and shafts. I would just have to know which engine you're planning on putting these on as they all take a different head combination. Port size, volume, and air flow, and valve size. Also will need the RPM's that you're planning on turning the engine and valve lift. Look forward to talking to you again soon.

supersean said:
Well we plan on building a 408 stroker for our drag car and we wouldnt mind having a decent set of W2's but as pricey as some Ive seen are we might as well buy so aluminum heads and get more out of it in the long run, but as rare as small block mopar stuff seems to be we might change directions and build a bog block as much as I hate to say it

Sean i had the same decision to make when building my 416 stroker,go with 30 year old iron or new aluminum heads.. out of the box Edelbrocks flow more then the stock iron heads will,and for what it'll cost you to get the iron heads to flow as well,go with the Edelbrocks i did then had them just pocket ported/polished,my stroker with a very mild .494 cam is into the 11.20's should be in the 10's come spring with the new cam,and also by going aluminum you'll take about 40 pounds or more off the frontend......

-
Back