heart wheels

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
i was recently going through a junk pile and i ran across a steel wheel that had heart shapes in it......i was not able to get it but i know that it had the ford/mopar 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern......i am not sure if it was 14 or 15 inch ......i was told that they were used on vans in the 70s ........has anyone ever seen these or does anyone have more info on these wheels???

i have a couple on my 47 plymouth.they were on it when i got it 20 yrs ago, and its still sitting there, just waiting on my slow butt. however, the valiant wagon gets all the attention these days

I have Hollander interchange manuals from the 1920s thru the 2000s. If you have a picture I think I can tell you what it is off of if it is an OEM wheel.

i didnt get a pic of the one in the junk pile bcoz it was destroyed and welded into a wheel stand......but i am trying to round up a set of five so if anyone has any for sale please PM me.

the one i saw was not chrome ....i would prefer no chrome but beggers cant be choosers so i will respond to any even if chrome

the one i saw was not chrome ....i would prefer no chrome but beggers cant be choosers so i will respond to any even if chrome

The more I think about these, I am recalling some aftermarket wheels with the hearts. They were like spoke wheels but had hearts instead of the spokes.

here we go i found this pic on the internet .....this is like the one i saw but the one i saw was not chrome. and the one i saw was definatly 5 on 4 1/2 bcoz i know what car they were on for a time which was a late 70s ferd car with 5 on 4 1/2

Attachments

• images.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 862
do you know who the company is that made them and where i can find a set??

I searched eBay looking for some. Some reason I have the name Superior stuck in my mind as the manufacturer. I don't even know why I think that but when the wheels clicked in the earlier post Superior came up with them. It may be totally wrong. I haven't seen those in years.

Looky here...:D Unfotunately i found no other info.

Attachments

• Wheel.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 501
Okla is correct also, Superior Wheel also made a wheel with the "Hearts" in the center hub.

I had found one years ago 8" wide on a dodge charger stock car I had bought

-
Back