Heat Riser Valve

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone offer a heat riser valve kit new for the slant six?

Mine was rusted and jammed in my 1969 Dart slant, so I cut it out and used a bolt and serrated nut to plug each hole (separate ones, don't clamp across w/ a single bolt or you could crack the manifold). I don't think it made much difference in Atlanta. Even in the days of TBI, I don't think the heat riser was needed, nor the exhaust cross-over in the intake manifold of V-8's. Since MPFI of the mid-1990's, they definitely didn't have them.

Mine was rusted and jammed in my 1969 Dart slant, so I cut it out and used a bolt and serrated nut to plug each hole (separate ones, don't clamp across w/ a single bolt or you could crack the manifold). I don't think it made much difference in Atlanta. Even in the days of TBI, I don't think the heat riser was needed, nor the exhaust cross-over in the intake manifold of V-8's. Since MPFI of the mid-1990's, they definitely didn't have them.

This is on the one that Freddie opened up to 2 1/2" for me. It didn't have a heat riser valve. I may try it without one and see how it does.

Just weld the top of the exhaust manifold where that 3 hole metal gasket goes so it won’t leak and weld the holes where the original heat riser inserted and attach it together, that’s how I ran my slant for years kept the manifold nice and warm.

-
Back