heater box

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what cars I need to look for to find a non a/c heater box for a 1970 Duster.Will 70-76 Dusters work or just 70-72. will a Scamp work for me. I never had to deal with finding one so far but I am building this 70 Duster from a shell. Thanks,Bill

call cole at "clay and sons" in catawissa ,mo. they have over 1000 cars and trucks and ship nation wide. his number is 636-222-4892. tell him rick told you to call. they can bring it to indy for you in march. get a list of all you need then call him. i was just there sunday picking up my parts for my dart.

call cole at "clay and sons" in catawissa ,mo. they have over 1000 cars and trucks and ship nation wide. his number is 636-222-4892. tell him rick told you to call. they can bring it to indy for you in march. get a list of all you need then call him. i was just there sunday picking up my parts for my dart.
Thanks Rick

that phone # isnt any good. recording says that number isnt available

try it again. i just talked to him to see if it went thru. it did. 1-636-222-4892
Yeah, I just talked to him. He said my # popped up the first two times as suspected spam. He said he does not have any hoods and he is going to check on a heater box and let me know. I appreciate the contact. It has been awhile since I resto a Duster and I am short on contacts. Stephens called me today and said that deck panel shipped out today so that is great.Thanks,Bill

Is the heater boxes the same in the 70-76 Dusters and will a heater box from a 71 Scamp work in a 70 Duster. Bill

I know in 1973, the blower motors mount through the firewall differently than the 70-72. They have 3 studs instead or 4, and seal against the firewall differently. Can't say about the pre 70's though.

I know in 1973, the blower motors mount through the firewall differently than the 70-72. They have 3 studs instead or 4, and seal against the firewall differently. Can't say about the pre 70's though.
thanks

Is the heater boxes the same in the 70-76 Dusters and will a heater box from a 71 Scamp work in a 70 Duster. Bill
Yes they are the same . 73 They changed but will still fit. The hook is at a different location that holds it up at the vent. 67 -72 is under the door. 73-76 is in the door. Get the hook if you are using a 73 -76.

Yes they are the same . 73 They changed but will still fit. The hook is at a different location that holds it up at the vent. 67 -72 is under the door. 73-76 is in the door. Get the hook if you are using a 73 -76.
The '73 I purchased had 3 stud mounting for the fan motor, while the '71 I have has 4.......Firewall has 4 holes for fan mounting in my '71?

You can try to call Larry at Mopar City and see what he has for all your part needs. There number is 1-815-732-7751

-
Back