Heater control valve

-

LilPaul

Reaction score
I have looked and looked and I’m more confused now than when I started. I have a 73 duster 225 slant California car with factory ac. The heater control valve is shot. The one that’s in the car is way different than what is popping up at several different places for replacement. The most common popping up is a four port but says it’s mechanical. What I thought was the original is vacuum valve. At this point I don’t care if it’s not original replacement. Could someone point me in the right direction. Thank you so much for your time reading

BEABD672-4D39-409E-89C7-88D999D1DDE1.jpeg

67AF7CEA-F6B0-4061-B2BA-49691BEB338B.jpeg

C0E545C4-9B1B-41B9-A184-693A3BB05B5B.png

"It used to be" that real parts guys working at real parts stores had numerical/ interchange/ pictorial guides. Various manufacturers, you could look thorugh the book and find something that works. I'd try to find some "old" guy that's been at a NAPA a long time and see if you can get him in gear. You don't need an exact fit, there is lots of room. But you will have to determine if vacuum opens it or closes it.

The current-production heater valve correct for your car looks a little different to the original but works the same, won't corrode/rust, and costs very little; that's this one.

The current-production heater valve correct for your car looks a little different to the original but works the same, won't corrode/rust, and costs very little; that's this one.
Thank you very much for your time and help. I stalk a lot of your info here and over at the other slant six forum, I appreciate you for sharing your knowledge!!! Thank you!

Chrysler part number listings for heater water control valves. 1973-1974 valve 3579173 which supercedes to 4034436. 1975-1976 valve 3879337 which supercedes to 3846381. All of these numbers will interchange from 1973 thru 1976. Chrysler made minor changes in the design over the years. Some were unplated steel, some were plated steel and some had both hose nipples metal while others had one plastic hose nipple and one metal hose nipple. Also many aftermarket companies made them. One example is Four seasons 74638. If you would like to research some of these numbers then go to eBay.

-
Back