Heater Delete VENT?

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Ok. I made my Duster Heater Delete. Heck who needs heat in Hawaii?

Now I have a big hole under the dash were the Vent goes that was/is attached to the Heater unit. (Passenger side).

Question? Did Mopar make a vent for the heater delete cars? (Passenger Side)

If so, man are they hard to find. Anyone got one?

If not. Anyone make something that will regulate the air flow?

Suggestions? Ideas? Comments? Complaints?

Aloha!

I cut the vent off of the heater box. Then cut a piece off the heater box to plug the hole up.

100_0371.jpg

Thanks for the reply...I was thinking I might have to do what you did. Now that I see it...its not that bad. I think that is something I can handle.

But does any know if they made a passenger side vent with out the heater box?

I have a 66 Valiant that is heater delete and the factory installed the dash vents and put tape on the bottom of them to keep dust from blowing through them.

As far as the hole in the firewall, they used a thin metal plate to cover the hole. And they just used rubber plugs where the heater core tubes go through the firewall.

Can you get pictures so a person could fab something that would look like the factory heater delete plate.

Ok, here ya go!
the plate is about 18 ga. steel
the gasket on the back is just 1/8" foam material.
the flat side of the cover faces down.

Attachments

• 011_1_1.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 808
  • 012_1_1.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 851
  • 013_1.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 770

This response is years late, but for information and the archives, the answer is YES and it's one of the rarest parts there is. In 25 years of selling parts, I've had ONE. I got it on a 67 Dart with factory heat delete. It looked very similar to the left side only in mirror reverse. The case was damaged but repairable. I put it on Ebay starting at $25 (what I get for the common left side air vent) and it ended at $325! I've never had or seen another. I looked through my Ebay files and found a pic!

heatdeletebox.jpg

What I would try (and I haven't done it yet) is to mount in a left side vent and just live with the fact that the door would be backward.

The easiest and IMHO best looking way to fake a passenger heater delete is to take a driver side and put it on the passenger side. The door will open on the wrong side, but you can open it being carefull getting your hand next to the kick panel.

99.9% of the people will never know.

The easiest and IMHO best looking way to fake a passenger heater delete is to take a driver side and put it on the passenger side. The door will open on the wrong side, but you can open it being carefull getting your hand next to the kick panel.

99.9% of the people will never know.

As I said above, that's an idea I've considered but not tried. The driver's side vent bolts flush to the bottom of the firewall while the REAL right vent box slips into the large hole like the heater box did. I have't measured to see if the left box would cover that hole.

Cudos to the poster above who cut down the heater box. From the driver's seat I bet that looks pretty good.

This response is years late, but for information and the archives, the answer is YES and it's one of the rarest parts there is. In 25 years of selling parts, I've had ONE. I got it on a 67 Dart with factory heat delete. It looked very similar to the left side only in mirror reverse. The case was damaged but repairable. I put it on Ebay starting at $25 (what I get for the common left side air vent) and it ended at $325! I've never had or seen another. I looked through my Ebay files and found a pic!

heatdeletebox.jpg

What I would try (and I haven't done it yet) is to mount in a left side vent and just live with the fact that the door would be backward.

I've had a few, and they're still out there. I'm currently trying to talk a guy out of one, but he's on the fence about parting the car out.

Because I wanted more room on the left for electrics, I took a gamble and bought a Stang box off th'Bay. A little cutting and it works perfect for what I want.......

All that is left is the flange and butterfly

This is similar to what I started with, the one I got was all plastic all one piece, too big to post

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-GQEnAoPJ83E/UOb37mNOVbI/AAAAAAAAy04/ChnM-tq2U_s/s1600/IMG_8386.JPG

This is more like what I used

http://s194.photobucket.com/user/jkoed/media/1967 Mustang Coupe/Interior/IMG_0467.jpg.html

and the end result

a2ufdk.jpg

Wow old thread.

The other thought I had was to take a pass side box and flip the door to the other side some how. That's about as far as I got to on that one though.

Here's one in the wild.
Not sure if its been mentioned but these apparently were only sold in Florida and Hawaii.

Attachments

• 0828131836a.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 460
-
Back