Heater motor with a delete plate Mod.

-

Kendog 170

Let the boy go !
Reaction score
Thought I would post this Mod. If you don't want your heater motor sticking out in your engine compartment.A member here was asking what I did. Sorry the pics a so small. I first started out doing this mod on BBD then made some changes.

How To for Heaterbox Motor Modification

.I found a heater blower assembly from a 1991 Geo Tracker. Discarded the 6" Dia.squirrel cage ,then ordered Grainger Part # 4DLV1,4 1/4" cage. Cage.Bore size was 1/4" so I had to drill it 9/32" to fit shaft. Then installed .I had previously did the Heater box mod that is on page one of this forum so you will still have to the enlarge the housing hole..You have to weld some 1 1/2 " 1/4/20 studs to shim the motor in the box .I did make a foam gasket to surround the motor .I was able to fit the motor so I can use a heater delete panel and have no motor in the engine compartment at all. With the Grainger cage, I have pretty good air flow as the fins are reversed. The cage mounts over the motor allowing it all to fit. Thought I would throw this info out there. Sorry I didn’t take better pics while doing this. Keep in mind this all started off in a different direction before I came up with what I have now. I know you guys would be capable of doing a nicer job. If I picked up the assemble again I could have left more of the mounting plate intact.

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

Resized_Screenshot_20201102-113816_Drive.jpeg

Last edited:
I used some tubes for spacers under the 4 nuts instead of welding the nuts in place.

-
Back