Hedman headers long tube on a 65’?

-

65MagnumFish

65MagnumFish
Reaction score
E2258ED3-76D8-46F0-93E8-42D4AEC1D0B9.png
Hello,
I am on the market for headers for my 65’ Barracuda that will have a 360 magnum installed. I found a set of supposed a-body long tube headers from hedman on face book and wanted input whether they would fit in the car? I’m leaning toward no but I’m still learning about a bodies. The model number is 79170. Thanks for the help.

The only choices you have for a 65 A body are TTI and Dougs. Neither is cheap, but both are good. You can also still buy fenderwell headers if you want to hack your car up, and lose a lot of your turning radius.

The only choices you have for a 65 A body are TTI and Dougs. Neither is cheap, but both are good. You can also still buy fenderwell headers if you want to hack your car up, and lose a lot of your turning radius.

You forgot about Harold's Spitfire headers that Layson's bought out and price through the stratosphere. I've never liked those anyway. I think the 340 HP manifolds are at least just as good.

Yep! :BangHead: He specified long tubes....so I guess I only went to that memory bank since Shitfires are technically shorties….lol.

Yes, he did! He might back up when he sees what the Dougs and TTI go for.

Dougs, they cost more but the Hedmans will rust or burn out in a couple of years.
Bummer about the fit on the long tubes. Figured it was worth asking and thought it was a no go with no one talking about them. It’s crazy how much dougs and tti’s are. Fender well headers look cool but is it worth it? I heard the fender well super comps flow well? How bad is the turning radius? It’s a shame that someone has not come up with some other options for the early a-bodies. Guess people figure if it doesn’t have 20 computers in it the car is insignificant.

Hooker Super comps for the 65 are 273/318 sized. The collectors are only 2.5 inches. Port size is 273 IIRC. I had a hard time sealing my 340 heads because the gaskets didnt even cover the lower lip of the 340 port. Your mileage may vary.

-
Back