Hellcat Boost Access Port

-

Chuckbizkits

Reaction score
I'm running a mechanical boost gauge. Outside of taking the SC apart, drilling and tapping, is there and access port or aftermarket part to attach the line?

i have NO idea, but the pressure you are looking for is basically manifold pressure, so a simple T in any manifold vacuum line should do the trick

should

i think

Need boost access, not vacuum.
two sides of the same coin
have you looked at a boost gauge recently?

AUT-4303_540x540.jpg

now, i could be wrong, but any air in the intake tract past the supercharger will be under boost if you're on the fun pedal, or under vacuum

two sides of the same coin
have you looked at a boost gauge recently?

View attachment 1715476757

now, i could be wrong, but any air in the intake tract past the supercharger will be under boost if you're on the fun pedal, or under vacuum

Yup. My gauges show both. However, while boost effects vacuum, they are not the same. You can gave zero vacuum and 7 lbs of boost.

Yup. My gauges show both. However, while boost effects vacuum, they are not the same. You can gave zero vacuum and 7 lbs of boost.

absolutely, but you can not have boost and vacuum at the same time

kinda like a thermometer, it can be freezing, or it can be 80 degrees out...but not at the same time

if i understand it correctly, engine vacuum is created by the pistons going down, sucking in air that isnt there since the throttle body is closed

boost is made when the supercharger tries to force more air than the piston can suck in going down

what is the common element here?
the intake tract between the top of the piston and the supercharger

now, like i said i could be wrong, but i dont think i am (not that it would be the first time)

it is easy enough to verify though, if you can get the engine to create boost while in neutral just pop of a vacuum line and see if it has boost or not

is the hello kitty engine intercooled?
if so, find a metal part of the intercooler and tap it for a nipple

now, if you want to just throw money at it and be done with it, order yourself one of these

Boost Reference Adapter by TBA Machine

(on a side note, look at what that adapter tells you you can find there...boost and vacuum)

absolutely, but you can not have boost and vacuum at the same time

kinda like a thermometer, it can be freezing, or it can be 80 degrees out...but not at the same time

if i understand it correctly, engine vacuum is created by the pistons going down, sucking in air that isnt there since the throttle body is closed

boost is made when the supercharger tries to force more air than the piston can suck in going down

what is the common element here?
the intake tract between the top of the piston and the supercharger

now, like i said i could be wrong, but i dont think i am (not that it would be the first time)

it is easy enough to verify though, if you can get the engine to create boost while in neutral just pop of a vacuum line and see if it has boost or not

is the hello kitty engine intercooled?
if so, find a metal part of the intercooler and tap it for a nipple

now, if you want to just throw money at it and be done with it, order yourself one of these

Boost Reference Adapter by TBA Machine

(on a side note, look at what that adapter tells you you can find there...boost and vacuum)

That's it! It is intercooled but with liquid.

-
Back