hellcat programming

-

Diemaker

Reaction score
does anyone know whats involved with programming a new hellcat motor the manual states that it has to be programmed by the dealer. I was told the dealers computer needs to be in contact with dodge to program it or the motor won't start.

Thats wack. Why would you need to program it, (GPS, Keys?) Maybe if you bought it new? Doesn't sound right. What if the net is down, you stranded? "Hey Dodge, My F'n Hellcat wont start!...."
>>"....Whats your wifi password?"

ya..Im afraid we need a bit more info on whats happening??..you shouldnt ever need to program the ECM. BTW, my 18 HCWB has over 2.25 million lines of code,(literally) so good luck there.
Im not even sure a dealer can program one..they are plug 'n play, factory sealed lil slices of $$, unless you are swapping in a hacked unit (ie: an unlocked one with a tune/tunable)..even still, these are already programed.
The best a dealer can do is "flash" it, sorta like a factory reboot of sorts, like a forced update for modifications, FSB updates, new components, etc. and yes, during certain dealer services, the ECM will 'communicate' with dodge, nothing new there, all manfs no do things this way.

-
Back