Hello and Glad to Be Here

-

Chill'n Dart

Live Long & Perspire-Use hood ornament? 75 Dart SE
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Thank you for all the inspirational photos, how to's, and information regarding our genre of cars. I'm working on a 1975 Dart SE with a smog-heads 318 engine. I am close to finishing the interior and plan to next clean up under the hood. The car runs, but needs maintenance on trans leaks, power steering box, steering shaft, brakes, ... but I prefer working on that than interior stuff. Have a great week and I'll see you in another forum.

IMG_0781.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0784.JPG

Welcome from Texas, nice start on the interior wok, keep plugging along.

Thanks DemonRacer. The headliner was a bear! I made a board from thin plywood and found new headliner material (that matched the original) on Ebay. Seats need re-upholstery, so I'll be using buckets from a '91 Mercedes for now; adapting them to the original rails.

Welcome to the site, are you going to do the rest of the interior red as well like the dash?

Welcome aboard, looks and sounds like you got this :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard! I have your cars cousin, a '75 Valiant Brougham. My interior is pretty good, the rest not so good, I'm still plugging away at. I have the same heads on my 318. What is your plan for those?

Welcome to the site, are you going to do the rest of the interior red as well like the dash?
Thanks for asking--I'm actually about 95% done painting the interior; I just have some plastic trim that I'll spray with the beige color from the pics. Most of my panels and plastic trim pieces were in good shape; I cleaned them and/or coated with plastic-compatible Rustoleum spray can paint.

Welcome aboard! I have your cars cousin, a '75 Valiant Brougham. My interior is pretty good, the rest not so good, I'm still plugging away at. I have the same heads on my 318. What is your plan for those?
Hello. I'll be removing the smog equipment and plug the holes in exhaust manifolds and heads. I'd like to get head pipes connected to the manifolds and run two pipes with mufflers to the rear. I don't think I'll be going the headers route, but I do want some rumble out of the 318--I think it's achievable.

bucket seats and a console on a 75 SE? Wow!

Welome aboard, from the absolute opposite end of the country (Vashon Island, WA)!

Welcome to FABO....
Welcome to FABO.gif

Nice car, it will clean up good... Be patient and keep your standards high....

bucket seats and a console on a 75 SE? Wow!

Welome aboard, from the absolute opposite end of the country (Vashon Island, WA)!
yep, I have the original buckets, but will be using something else for now. The brackets in the middle are actually for the funny-looking, folding "seat"--I think for kids? However, I was thinking of adding a console instead, from another model, such as a B body.

yep, I have the original buckets, but will be using something else for now. The brackets in the middle are actually for the funny-looking, folding "seat"--I think for kids? However, I was thinking of adding a console instead, from another model, such as a B body.
I think that was called the "buddy seat". Or maybe the bj seat?

-
Back