Hello and meet my 66 Valiant Signet /6

-

Valiantdogs

bark, bite n buzzzzz
Reaction score
Hello, I've been around awhile but haven't yet introduced myself and my car. Here are some pics, and click on the pic in my sig for a short u-tube video. Thanks for having me, and thanks for all the great info, looking forward to-hopefully-contributing.

Matt66ValiantSignet_2.jpg

Matt66ValiantSignet_1.jpg

Matt66ValiantSignet_4.jpg

Matt66ValiantSignet_3.jpg

Ya, its got a slant six. 8)

Welcome to FABO!!! Sharp Car for sure, You are going to enjoy yourself here so jump in and have fun!!!! There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here.Again Welcome!!!!

Thanks!! Yes, I've been enjoying the site and y'all discussing for quite some time already. Just kind of quiet and shy. Need to get acquainted and got some tech questions later. Thanks and good to meet you!

Welcome! Your youtube video was quite an eye-opener this morning, thank you...your slant six has quite a bark and a bite, Valiantdogs. Glad to have you here and thank you for your military service.:cheers:

From the ad when I got the car some 10 years ago:

"Recent Dick Ott engine build with ported head, hard seats, dual valve springs, balanced, windage tray, stage 1 Mopar Performance cam, aluminum Mopar Performance intake and carb, 9.0 to 1 compression pistons, Dutra dual exhaust manifold, 11" disc brake front end with 340 Duster torsion bars, sway bar, 10" rear drums, new windshield, new urethane paint, new 904 transmission (less than 200 miles), bucket seat interior with killer stereo."

I haven't put more than 500 miles on it these past 10 years. Fresh valve job and Clifford headers this past summer, 2.5" dual pipes out the back.

Welcome Valiantdogs!!

Your car sounds like a V-8 at idle. NICE!

Thanks for your service to or country!

Dan

Thanks Dan! Man that's a nice 71 Dart you have!

My pleasure, serving our Great country, thanks.

Welcome to FABO! Very cool car, great to have another 66 here :cheers:

Attachments

• Picture 659.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 486
I just watched your videos, that thing sounds like a V8 car! I also want to add a big THANK YOU for your service to our country!

Welcome to the best site going IMO :happy10: and thank you for your service to our country from another proud 66 owner :cheers:

I am sure you have met Victoria already, I hope to have my 66 updated with all your goodies one day, You sure dun a great job on the /6 and it sounds and runs great =P~ Congratulations =P~
Looking forward to your posts here Valiantdogs :cheers:

Attachments

• Challenger%20IN%20NASCAR%20Cup%20race%20017.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 506
  • Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20033.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 491
welcome to fabo, the guys (and gals) around here are awesome people, good to see another awesome 66, thank you much for serving our country, if it wasn't for you we wouldn't be able to enjoy our freedom.....as u know freedom is not free, thank you for your service.
higgs

Attachments

• i16836.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 497
  • i16889.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 485
  • i16901.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 499
Awesome looking car!

Check out slantsix.org too. There are a ton of slanters from Oregon on there as well.

Love the sound of an angry hornet /6!

Thanks and welcome,very cool Valiant!

Welcome!
Great car too!
Thanks for sharing... now I've gotta check out your video.

Wow, I was looking forward to the day she'd be ready for an intro here, an really appreciate the warm welcome... THANKS!! In some good company, too, quite some nice A-bodies here. :notworth:

I'm really happy with how this Dick Ott motor works and sounds. The headers and 2.5" pipes really complemented the already free-flowing head. Got the Super Six Holley 2 barrel on the Mopar Performance aluminum intake, and a brand new 2300 I'm working on getting installed. That will be enough mods for me. For now. :)

It's a really nice original car with 60,000 miles on it, always garaged. I'm the third owner. The last guy had most of the motor work done, and it was the original owners Baby. Just been really well taken care of. I've just been setting on it these last 10 years, not able to drive because of my disability.

I've been in love with the 66 Valiant since my first one, inherited from my Grampa in 76, my senior year in high school. Slant six 3 on the tree, went forever.

Also, thanks for the kindness re: my military service; it was my pleasure and I can't think of anything more gratifying than serving this country.

-
Back