Hello from Grass Valley California

-

Blue72Duster

Reaction score
Snapchat-1451227850.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm new to the Mopar scene and this is actually my first car. I am the third owner of this car. It has the original 318 LA block, 3 speed column shift automatic with factory AC. It has been garaged its whole life and has 47k original miles. Im looking for more car people and hoping I could find a few here.

Welcome! I'm down in the Sacramento area, my Duster started out as a '74 but now looks more like a '71 Demon. Link to my build thread is in my signature

img_0800-jpg.jpg

img_9963-jpeg.jpg

Greetings! I'm just down the hill from you in Lincoln.
Great looking Duster. Where did you find it?

It was hiding under a car cover in a garage in Grass Valley. I drove by on the way to the hospital and saw tail lights and got curious. Went back a few weeks later and knocked on the door to ask about the car and ended up making friends with the owner. Talked back and forth for a while and she decided to sell it to me.

Plans are to get the electrical all worked out, remove the stock AC, get everything else back to working order, bigger wheels but no changes to the car that are irreversible. Right now everything is numbers matching and in place, just the wiring was modified for a new radio. Id probably put an updated sound system and exhaust system as well as LED lights. Id also like to put a 8 3/4 rear end with limited slip and maybe build a 340 on the side for it. Id save all the original parts but they may not be on the car. I want to make it into more of a muscle car than it was originally made to be.

Plans are to get the electrical all worked out, remove the stock AC, get everything else back to working order, bigger wheels but no changes to the car that are irreversible. Right now everything is numbers matching and in place, just the wiring was modified for a new radio. Id probably put an updated sound system and exhaust system as well as LED lights. Id also like to put a 8 3/4 rear end with limited slip and maybe build a 340 on the side for it. Id save all the original parts but they may not be on the car. I want to make it into more of a muscle car than it was originally made to be.
Sounds like a solid plan. My 70 probably WAS a lot like yours when one of the PO decided to hack it all up. It was a B5 Blue 318/904 Base Duster. But that was a LONG time ago. Now I have the freedom to do what I want to it since it's far from original anymore. BTW my son's significant other is from Grass Valley. She worked at the Dutch Bros coffee shop in town. Nice area, just if it wasn't in Cali...

Grew up in a little town in Montana called St. Regis. Not a huge fan of Cali either but its where Im at for now so it is what it is. No use hating it if it wont change anything

Why would you remove the AC? With only 47,000 miles it should be in pretty good shape, maybe a few new seals and some R12 and good to go.

????
Hot? Yeah.....but the humidity is tolerable.
August 16 2020.

8-16-A.png

I can deal with temps like this much better than the cold.

It rarely snows there and if it does, it doesn't stay long.
Welcome to the site!
I'm down the road about 45 minutes to an hour from you. I have a friend that lives up near you just past Hwy 20 in Nevada City.
I have a 72 Duster as well. Good luck with the project.

Last edited:
Thank you, Im hoping once I get it on the road Ill be able to find more local mopar guys to go to cars and coffee and stuff like that.

Welcome! Nice Duster! And like your outlook ....
:thumbsup:

-
Back