Hello from Northern CA

-

Robj

Reaction score
Hey Everyone- I've been on for just under a month and already got some great help. B-Body guy with my first A-Body and having a ton of fun. This is one of the best forum sites I've ever seen.

Anybody in Northern CA on here? Way north- Redding area?

hows suisun? o72d

I get down to Travis AFB and Martinez once and a while for work and pass by you on our way to visit my sister in San Jose. You've got a Pick-n-Pull not far away too...my home away from home up here.

Nice looking 72!

Welcome. I'm in Richmond, but I'm in Stockton and Sacramento quite often. Glad to have you here.

Welcome to FABO Robj!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

If you can find the time, would like to see some pictures of your Mopars. I have a B body also and am a member of FBBO as well

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery of all my Mopars

Attachments

• B3 Drag Race #2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 247
Let me know if your looking for parts. I'm starting to sell off my 30 years of collecting parts for project cars. Maybe I can help locate items you maybe looking for. Mike in Reno ...............

Welcome. I live in Yakima Wa. Thats just outside of Redding.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 278
I'm seeing some really nice cars on everyone's postings. Really nice.

I posted some photos on the Members Restorations page. It's my daily driver project car. Body and paint first and then weekend projects to slowly bring her back.

pbDSCN5942.jpg

wow, nice car! you werent joking were ya!! it does look like mine! man that brings back memories....i want another like that and just leave it all stock...looks sweet with the rallies!

Welcome aboard! My aunt used to live in Hayfork so I know right where you are. :-D

Oh my Gosh..yes Hayfork. There's a guy up there with his own private 100 car boneyard. He used to advertise in the Thrifty Nickel. His cars were up and down all the hills of his property chassis deep in mud just rotting away. I went up there about ten years ago with my brother in law. I was looking for bucket seat frames for my 71 Satellite Sebring and he was looking at Javelin parts for his AMX.

This guy was soooo weird but so much fun. He had over 100 Rhodesian Ridge back dogs and some of his cars were filled with bags of Costco dog food. There were dogs everywhere- procreating, wandering, running, it was a zoo. He was telling us that he wrote an entire book on how dogs eat. His theory was that dogs will "scarf up" their own poop until it turns white and then they stop because there's no more nutrients in it.

Then he went into a talk about the black 747's flying over Hayfork with missile turrets that drop out of the bottom. He said in an ominous tone, "They're watching us..." When he said his neighbors shoot at him on a regular basis for turning them in for growing pot we decided it was time to go. He wouldn't sell anything anyway. Everything we looked at, "He was planning to something with someday."

Oh yeah...Hayfork, California...Really nice area and beautiful but some of the residents live wa-a-a-y out there for a reason.

Thanks for the call out.

Welcome. I live in Yakima Wa. Thats just outside of Redding.

Sweet idea to match up the stripes on your 2 Mopars. Looks cool! Do you race the Dart?

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC03843.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 196
Welcome aboard from the mitten state!! Great looking Dart!!

Hey smlveightis-

My dad's family is from Ironwood. I have Uper in my blood! Here's a photo of my Grandpa's Ironwood High School football team. They won the Michigan state championship in 1925 shutting out every other team including Redford 47-0 for the final. Personally I think the other teams ran off the field when they saw these guys coming. Pretty tough, aged looking high school players but back then it was just a leather helmet in subfreezing weather. Uff dah! They look nothing like the boys playing today. My GP is Clarence Johnson in the photo.

IronwoodMichiganFootball.jpg

Started pulling all the trim finally. Taking it slow because it's all pristine. Came across a great link on this site to remove the drip rail trim.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=45848&highlight=Drip+Rail+Removal+Tool

I'll be do this tomorrow. I'm having my glass guy remove the front and rear glass trim on Friday and then we'll begin on the body this weekend. I'll be gone for a week in April so I'll have the actual glass taken out then so my brother-in-law can clean up the channels before paint.

I was hoping to have it in paint by the time of our biggest cruise/show in town which happens in mid-April but my daughter's car is DOA so she's been borrowing the van I was going to be driving while we parked the Dart to work on it. Instead I've had to press it into daily service which it has handled perfectly. The 41 year old Dodge is still pulling duty while the 11 year old Honda is parked.

-
Back