Hello from Northern CA

-
I wondered what kind of dings were under the primered patches under the vinyl top. Twin spots above each door right behind the A pillars. I've always heard that the damaged roof sections at the factory went to the vinyl topped cars. Two pretty good dings.

fb005.jpg

The seam was clean.

fb004.jpg

We'll be taking the front and rear glass out to finish the top. So far I see no rot at all in the channels under the moldings. Always a relief.

Welcome to the site. I'm a bit south of you, about 20 miles NE of Sacramento. I have, however, been through Redding many times. I went camping at Whiskeytown lake when I was a kid. Nice looking Dart you have there.

I'm up in Oregon but go to Redding at least every couple months to pinstripe. Will be there this week weather permitting..

Wow, the weather just took a turn for the worse here. Really high winds and rain. I can see one tree down half way out to the street. Looks like work. Nice striping work. I had my first B-body free hand striped in SoCal back in '77. It was beautiful. Pretty common then- becoming a lost art now. You know of many young bucks picking it up?

Looks like all our kids will be out of the house next fall. Probably start going to more weekend shows including Sac. I'm down there almost weekly for my job but have to keep to my route. Got the roof straightened, stripped and in primer now. My brother-in-law is the body man- I'm the lot boy who does as told.

fb010.jpg

Welcome! I live north of sac. Love to see what you do with her as my restoration is my daily driver as well.

I'm up in Oregon but go to Redding at least every couple months to pinstripe. Will be there this week weather permitting..

I found a photo of the hood of my old '72 Satellite I had back in the late '70s in Southern California.

72sat4.jpg

Rob, nicely done for the era.. These days there are many new stripers, so a lost art it isn't. My friend Jeff Crank a veteran striper lives and works in Redding, you'll her his name mentioned if you ask and another striper is TomCat, he is just off I-5 and Wonderland and does a lot of work as well, building cars and paint work..

Rob, nicely done for the era.. These days there are many new stripers, so a lost art it isn't. My friend Jeff Crank a veteran striper lives and works in Redding, you'll her his name mentioned if you ask and another striper is TomCat, he is just off I-5 and Wonderland and does a lot of work as well, building cars and paint work..

I'm familiar with Jeff Crank's work. Locally he's somewhat of the gold standard. Amazing stuff.

-
Back