Hello From Oberlin Ohio

-

Rapid340

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a factory appearing 71 340 Duster that I have been driving, racing and tuning for the last 10 years or so. Quickest time on Drag radials is 11.12 at 121 MPH, 11.66 at 118 MPH on repro polyglass tires.

Thanks,

Jeff Patterson

smallduster.jpg

Hi Jeff,nice Duster,I used to work in Defiance,Ohio.

Welcome to FABO! Great looking Duster, do you have any more pics of it? Post them if you can.
And you say 'factory appearing' meaning not a 340? Whats your drivetrain combo?

Thanks,

The car conforms to FAST rules which say the engine has to appear totally stock but internally any modification is allowed other than a power adder.

It is a stroker SB with a 904 trans and 3:55 gears.

Welcome to FABO! Nice Duster! Love the stock appearing cars that go like a bat outta hadie's!

hey jeff what track is that in the back ground im from akron-ish ohio and i love my mopars!

Welcome and nice ride......I wish I could go fast LOL

Thanks,

I specify and sell custom cams ground by Engle Racing Cams (everything form circle track to general perfromance to factory appearing), so maybe I can help.
In the next day or so I plan on posting some cam and pricing information in the parts for sale section.

Hello, Jeff! Welcome to FABO. Like i said it's a great site. Jeff does sale Engle cam products and he has helped me pick my cam and lifters. He was great threw the whole thing and really took the time to try to pick the right camshaft. If anyone is in the market for cam and lifters give Jeff a call or email. Plus my machine shop guy loves the Engle stuff he runs it in his 70 chrger R/T 440 sixpack car. Says that the engle HYD. lifters are better made than the comp lifters. Anyway Hello and welcome And thanks a million Jeff, it was a pleasure to deal with you.
Matt Hargis

Welcome aboard Jeff. As others have said, thats a fine looking Duster you have.
Thanks everyone,

I forgot to mention, the duster has 90% of its factory original paint and has 8K original miles. It was purchased new about a half hour from where I live and the owner used it for about six months and then decided to do some mild racing and never really put it back on the road.

Thanks for the kind words Matt.

Welcome to the best damn Mopar site on the web!! Awesome car, love those F.A.S.T. cars!! I think there is a guy here in Buffalo, MN with a black 67 GTX 426 that runs in that class too. Oh, btw, WE WANT MORE PICS OF THAT SWEET DUSTER!!

Picture 659.jpg

-
Back