Hello, From Sweden

-

SwedishViking

Reaction score
Hi folks, been browsing this site a while.
I thought i would share my cars with you.
Have you ever seen a 68 Barracuda with sunroof?
Its a old time racecar. In the 70-80 it was running a 426 hemi with hillborn.
My racecar is a 66 valiant wagon currently running a 408/727/83/4" with indy rhs heads. Have done 10:69 1/4 this summer.
And the last car is my Dart GT 67.
Greetings from Sweden!

IMG_20180915_152347.jpg

received_1036910789689271.jpeg

IMAG0506.jpg

Välkommen! My grandmother's family are from the Kalmar, Värmland and Gotland area. We have a large Swedish population about 20 miles North of where I live.

Here is the bridge into that town, Lindsborg, KS
cfiles20640.jpg

You have a great collection!

Hello from Germany! I like your cars. How about the Station wagon, what did you do to heads and cam to run mid 10s? what weight is it?

Michael

Hello from Germany! I like your cars. How about the Station wagon, what did you do to heads and cam to run mid 10s? what weight is it?

Michael
The heads i bought used with a flow of 300cfm, had them rebuilt and the cam is a mopar 557/557 and it weight is 1400kg(3080 pounds) with me in it.

IMAG1286.jpg

Nice rides...some limo window tint on the '66 wagon would look sinister!

Hej! yes, i do some bracket racing (ProET series here) with my Valiant. I got this car from sweden some years ago, bought it near Karlstad in very good original condition (/6, V100 base car). Over time i built a 408 and 904, best ET is 11.38 so far….will do some mods this winter to lower this (converter, cam).

Michael

Hej! yes, i do some bracket racing (ProET series here) with my Valiant. I got this car from sweden some years ago, bought it near Karlstad in very good original condition (/6, V100 base car). Over time i built a 408 and 904, best ET is 11.38 so far….will do some mods this winter to lower this (converter, cam).

Michael
Cool, well my chassi is not stock k member it is a volvo 940 front suspension and the rear is a 8 3/4" in ladders. I havent build the chassi just bought it without motor and trans.
Cool that you have a swedish car. I bet you wont have many american cars in Germany?
My Barracuda is from Germany in like 73. I belive that they installed the sunroof when it was new i Germany.

IMG_20180915_152334.jpg

don´t think that this Kind of sunroof was aftermarket. the tilting glass Roofs were done in the parking lot of supermarkets in the 80s i remember….but not the sliding ones. I like These 2nd Generation barracuda best, especially the Fastback.

We do not have a lot of mopars, especially away from the big cities where i live. But we try to come together at the races or Meetings, luckily i have some buddies here around me - check out our FB-Page....4 guys with A-bodys: The A-Team Dragrace

don´t think that this Kind of sunroof was aftermarket. the tilting glass Roofs were done in the parking lot of supermarkets in the 80s i remember….but not the sliding ones. I like These 2nd Generation barracuda best, especially the Fastback.

We do not have a lot of mopars, especially away from the big cities where i live. But we try to come together at the races or Meetings, luckily i have some buddies here around me - check out our FB-Page....4 guys with A-bodys: The A-Team Dragrace
Cool page
What cam and heads are you running in your 408?

at the moment i´m running cnc´d procomp heads and a custom grind comp hydraulic roller.....248/248°, around .620" Lift, 113°LSA. It seems that the engine does not like the LSA, it was only 0,02 s faster with a comp shelf grind 236/242°, .550" Lift, 110° LSA and some prepped indy X-Heads. These Heads were pretty good, should have kept them - but wanted to loose some weight and went Aluminium.

I´m changing to a shelf grind again (Lunati, 243/251°, 110° LSA) this Winter, hope it will pick up again. Together with a 8" Converter i´d like to reach 10.99.

Hello
The Barracuda you have is to 95% a swiss-production „chrysler“ - Barracuda they made custom steel sunroof‘s only for the Fastback from 67-69 super rare your fish :thumbsup: have fun with them regards

Hello
The Barracuda you have is to 95% a swiss-production „chrysler“ - Barracuda they made custom steel sunroof‘s only for the Fastback from 67-69 super rare your fish :thumbsup: have fun with them regards
Do you have any more infromation regarding the sunroof? Maybe a register or something?
Thx it is fun to play with some abodys

IMG_20180702_203502.jpg

Swiss production barracudas were in

67: 24 cars
68: 42 cars
69: 120 cars

In the attached pic is the price list of swiss prices...

79515080-8F4F-441B-AD41-D62A7A513760.jpeg

-
Back