Hello from Tampa

-

tampacuda69

Reaction score
I introduced myself a couple of months ago but didn't post any pics.
Since then I have posted a couple of times, recently regarding the installation of "Crackedback's" headlight relay kit.

Now about my '69 notchback Barracuda. I've had it for 22 years.
Original a 318 it now has a 340, springs and torsion bars all from the previous owners rusted out Formula S.
He must have some front end damage and replaced the hood, front valance and grill from a 67

Engine is .030 over 340 cu.in. with Comp XE268H cam, Edelbrock closed chamber heads, TTI headers. 9.9:1 CR. with a full 2.5 in. exhaust. It runs on 87E10 with no pinging.

727 trans with 2800 converter, 5500 rpm governor and part throttle kick down valve. An 8 3/4 sure grip with 3:23 gears is out back. A 3:55 sure grip is in a bucket in the garage.

'73 A body front disk conversion and recently a Borgeson steering box.
I have done many changes over the last 22 years.

Most mods were researched here at FABO and some magazine articles.
Thanks to all of you for your posts , comments and suggestions to other members over the years. This site is a great place.

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

Very nice notch! I love that interior color also!

Hello Tampa...Jax here.

What a gorgeous car! I love the notchbacks, one of my all time fav Mopars. Leather seats, a custom trim interior....you have a full dressed iconic car. Chrome pedal trim....Geez. A/C is a must in our area.

With a 340....a dream. Wonderful car!

Mick

Hello Tampa...Jax here.

What a gorgeous car! I love the notchbacks, one of my all time fav Mopars. Leather seats, a custom trim interior....you have a full dressed iconic car. Chrome pedal trim....Geez. A/C is a must in our area.

With a 340....a dream. Wonderful car!

Mick
Thanks to all for the warm welcome and kind comments.
The bucket seats were done with Legendary Interiors vinyl rally seat kit that includes new foam to give side bolsters. The trunk trim panel was recently painted. I covered the polished are in black using plasti-dip to see if I could get the BARRACUDA letters to look good. I can peel it off and repaint this winter. For the red, above and below the black, area I used Toyota Barcelona Red Metallic ( Dupli-Color #3R3) it is nearly a perfect match to the tail light color.

Welcome! Beautiful car inside and out, gorgeous interior. Whose kit did you use for the a/c since it was a factory a/c car?

I used Classic Auto Air in Tampa. I made the hoses a little long. The compressor can be move in front of the radiator so you can do engine work without having to open the system.

Glad to hear you found this site useful, and have used some of the posts to help you with mods to your car.
Great lookin' notch, BTW.

Welcome from a bit south of you. Beautiful car! Just curious about the idler pulley on your AC. Did that come with your kit or something you added?

Welcome from a bit south of you. Beautiful car! Just curious about the idler pulley on your AC. Did that come with your kit or something you added?
The idler pulley did not come with the kit but it fits and lines up with the A/C pulley perfectly. It was pulled from some small block Mopar from the junk yard . I don't remember what make or model . I removed the pulley and there aren't any part number stamped on it. The only stamping is " D24 " with the letter D turned 90* to the left. I hope this helps.

The idler pulley did not come with the kit but it fits and lines up with the A/C pulley perfectly. It was pulled from some small block Mopar from the junk yard . I don't remember what make or model . I removed the pulley and there aren't any part number stamped on it. The only stamping is " D24 " with the letter D turned 90* to the left. I hope this helps.
Appreciate you taking the time to look.

-
Back