Hello from VA

-

68 fish fb

Reaction score
I bought this ‘68 Fastback about 1.5 years ago for a project car. It’s my first attempt at restoring a car. And, only my second Mopar. The first being a ’73 318 Duster purchased in 1980.
The Barracuda sat for nearly 27 years. Windshield decal is dated 1989. The car had been mostly emptied by a prior owner who found it, but gave up after one year. When I bought it, the seats were already out and nicely redone. The engine, trans, and carpet had been pulled. That’s the extent of the prior owner’s work. Two pics are from day one. One from last month. I will create a garage with more pics.

68 Mopar 2.JPG

engine bay.jpg

new.jpg

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you, im from southwest Va ! Thats a nice looking barracuda im glad you painted that black engine bay the body color that looks much better!

Welcome from Texas, it looks like you have a good start to a neat Barracuda.

1952-1960 & 1965- 1972.

We got here in 79. I was in Norfolk before then (Navy.) It ain't what you left (lol) but there are still things here that are. I will about bet a Hotdog you made atleast one trip to Roy's big burger.....

JW

At least one trip to Roy's in my teens. I went back after a stint in the Army & figured out the employment situation & hustled my azz back to Texas & other than trips for work I've been here ever since.

At least one trip to Roy's in my teens. I went back after a stint in the Army & figured out the employment situation & hustled my azz back to Texas & other than trips for work I've been here ever since.

Don't blame ya' one bit.....

JW

After living there as a youngster & then again in my teens, I figured out that I don't like that white stuff that falls from the sky. Here in south Texas, we might see a smattering of snow every once in a while.

We got here in 79. I was in Norfolk before then (Navy.) It ain't what you left (lol) but there are still things here that are. I will about bet a Hotdog you made atleast one trip to Roy's big burger.....

JW
I didn't even know you was from VA ! There are quite a few Virginians here ! We should do a meet and greet car show sometime .

After living there as a youngster & then again in my teens, I figured out that I don't like that white stuff that falls from the sky. Here in south Texas, we might see a smattering of snow every once in a while.

It's now few and far between to see snow anymore. The OP has a slightly better chance of getting the White stuff but the odds are stacked against him too lol.... There is a rumor flying that Richmond Dragway may be on the chopping block so that is probably a place you have been to a time or 2.....

JW

I didn't even know you was from VA ! There are quite a few Virginians here ! We should do a meet and greet car show sometime .

Yep, probably more from here than you know. A few from the Hampton area as well. I have met a few members on here. All solid people from my viewpoint....

JW

Yep, probably more from here than you know. A few from the Hampton area as well. I have met a few members on here. All solid people from my viewpoint....

JW
I've only met one he isn't real active on here but super good dude we still talk quite often thru texts

-
Back