Hello to all

FABO Welcome Wagon

1. fnabody

fnabody Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:33 PM
    First of all ,hello to everybody on the board. I'm a b-body guy but looking to buy my first a body. Hopefully I won't bombard you folks with too many questions. I found a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda fastback. It is a 99% rust free Texas car. It has a 69 318/console shift 904 trans/ and the lousy 7 1/4" rear? It is a radio delete car. What is a car like this worth? It is painted dark green and has rallys on it. The interior is green/black as well. The paint is weak and at the end of its life span. The interior is very nice and doesn't need much. The body has a few very small parking lot type dings. The chrome is decent. It has tinted glass all the way around. Here's a few pics of the car that were taken about one year ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. homecloned

homecloned Can't re Member

Local Time:
    Welcome to FABO fnabody. :cheers: Nice car. It's worth is a broad question. Are you looking to sell or restore?

3. memike

memike Super Moderator Staff Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:33 PM
    That is a very nice Barracuda, But would need some drive ability info and look closely to see if it has been repaired back in it's past life.:read2:
    Welcome to FABO and ask away :cheers: We have some of the best of the best tec's and good folks here to help you along
    Glad to have you on board with us8)

4. OldVart

OldVart Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:33 PM
    Welcome to the site. A vehicle's worth is very subjective, depending on how badly you want it and what you're willing to pay to get it. :) How much is the seller asking?

5. cecil4speed

cecil4speed Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:33 PM
    Welcome aboard!

6. 340john

340john Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:33 PM
    Welcome aboard

7. Burntorange70

Burntorange70 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:33 PM
    Welcome to FABO! Nice car.

8. fnabody

fnabody Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the welcome wagon! I was looking to buy this car and have been for about a year now. The car has had one repaint in its life. The car is a three owner car with no prior accident damage. The owner wanted 10K for it last year and is firm at $8000.00 now. I offered him $7,500 cash and he refused. I know how I am and it would turn into a full blown resto with a color change. If it was a formula s car or a 4 speed car it would be in my garage already. A friend offered to give me an a body 8 3/4 and a few other things to help me if I decide to buy it. Looking aorund the net I see that 10K would probably buy a nicer car. I really do like the almost 100% rust free texas body though. I also have a correct vintage 68 318 that I removed from my 68 Charger. I would rather have a 4 speed car but could live with the slushbox. The expense of converting it over to a 4 speed along with stripping the car to a shell for any body work and paint, a full mechanical rebuild and a new interior just don't add up. For the money I could possibly spend to do this would be way more than just buying a turnkey car, not to mention the three years it would take me to get it done. I already have a nice 68 Charger and the Barracuda was to be for my wife who deserves it for all she puts up with around here. I thought $7,500.00 was a generous offer but in my mind I was telling myself 5K tops. At this point I will just walk away and keep searching.

9. retsud_043

retsud_043 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    First off, Welcome fnabody:cheers:.
    Yes you could buy a nice turnkey car for 10G's but you won't know what's hiding under that pretty paint job. I know,myself I would rather go with the 99% rust free car and do the whole restoration. I'm a little strange, but I have more fun doing the resto than enjoying the finished product.
    Whatever you decide, we are glad you came to join us in the house of A bodies:thumblef:

10. 66340SEDAN

66340SEDAN FABO Member #3649 FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Welcome to FABO!! :cheers:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.