Help, 3.8 V6 EGR problem...

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
plastic EGR solenoid on top of EGR valve...are you supposed to be able to pull a vacuum off it? I used a mighty-vac and it wouldnt hold a vacuum, just bled it off. I broke the hard brittle vacuum line to this when changing a valve cover. I replaced the line but the car still stalls when going into gear when cold start and the idle seems to wander for the first few minutes like a vacuum leak. Driveable after that --- P0172 code thrown---- rich. Seems any vacuum line right off the intake should be vacuum tight. Thanks. Wife is going crazy and wants to take it to the dealership and overspend our money! 2002 Town and Country 3.8.

LEarned that without voltage, the EGR solenoid or "EGR modulating valve" (or even an "EGR transducer" per Autozone) allows vacuum to pass through to EGR valve allowing it to actuate. With voltage, it shuts off vacuum to EGR valve. So perhaps the EGR itself is bad as I cant pull a vacuum THROUGH the "open without power" modulator. Next test will be with 12V to modulator and attempting to pull a vacuum through the "closed" modulator......Looks like I may in fact need an EGR valve...:-(

-
Back