Help again!!

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I have ran into a stop on this rear end.:cwm10:
I thought it would work in my 66 valiant but it is wider 5 friggen inches:scratch:

It is a perfect rear end and I thought I could use it in my 66 valiant.

I was going to move the spring perches in a 1/2 inch and know I see that it is 2 1/2 inches wider on each side. Could I get more back space and less front space on a wheel??

I think I will have to wait and find a 8 1/4 early A body rear:hmph:.

Can some one id this rear end, It was put in my old 1/8 mile truck.

I could just cuss up a storm @#$%^&

Thanks to grumpuscreature he seen this problem and let me know that I am going to have to modify this one.

Jeese I am getting goofy :angry1:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 012.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 010.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 016.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 017.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 019.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 023.jpg

I guess the thing for me to do is pull the sure grip and 3.55 gears out and wait for a 8 1/4 to fit my 66 valiant.:sad4:

Mike it kinda sounds like it's probably a stock truck rearend by your description of it's size. I also see it has the spring perches on the top like a truck. Having it narrowed and perches re-welded would be cost prohibitive since you can find 8-1/4 rearends quite often for $200-300 ready to go.

Mike,
I am really not sure why you want to take the 7.25 rear out to begin with.
I have one in my hopped up /6 Dart, with a 3.55 gear, and flog it all the time with no issues. The rear in your car will take almost anything you will be throwing at it with the slant, and if it doesnt, and goes, then upgrade to a bigger unit.

Mike,
I am really not sure why you want to take the 7.25 rear out to begin with.
I have one in my hopped up /6 Dart, with a 3.55 gear, and flog it all the time with no issues. The rear in your car will take almost anything you will be throwing at it, and if it doesnt, and goes, then upgrade to a bigger unit.

I agree!! It was here and I needed to get it out of the truck before I scrap it, and I am running 3.23 gears in my little girl and for know it will be fine.
Some time's my obsession and time on my hand gets the best of me.
I have not dumped the clutch on her yet, I just hum down the road turning heads and enjoy driving her.
You can understand that I was in need of just doing some wrenching.
But I do have a perfect 8 1/4 sure grip 3.55 gear waiting when and if I find an A early A body rear end.
Thanks for the input, I may have to enjoy a good side step from a stop and get me a 60 foot time before I do any more updates just for the book.

I like the upgrades you have done so far. Electronic Ign,Voltage Reg,etc.
That is such a clean/original car, I would hate to see you make questionable changes, just to make changes.

IT'S OK HAVE SOME SMOKE OH" OH ". I MEAN HAVE A SMOKE AND RE-THINK.
The 3.55 are good ones have yet to blow em up . Just my 2$

-
Back